How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask MARTINT330 Your Own Question
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 1278
Experience:  Expert
Type Your Law Question Here...
MARTINT330 is online now

I requested to change my son's school. But the old school

This answer was rated:

Good afternoon, I requested to change my son's school. But the old school refuses to provide the paperwork for this.
JA: Is there a custody agreement in place? Does it address educational decisions?
Customer: No
JA: Has there been any mediation on this issue?
Customer: I've knocked on doors in several places. Social Worker MASH
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no one can help
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
My son was assaulted 2 times inside the school, apart from bullying among other things. I requested to move to another school, but the old school does not provide paperwork. I have already reported the aggressions to the police, I have asked the Social Service, MASH, the local Council, Ofsted and even the Head of the government chair for help. my son is not attending classes because I am afraid he will get stabbed inside the school. What should I do? I have a huge history with all the emails with the school and elsewhere.

Hello, I am happy to help with your enquiry today.

In this case, you have the right to request access to your son's record under education regulations.

When transferring to another school, you should let the head of education in your child’s current school know the circumstances and what your plans are. After having a meeting with suitable people to discuss your options, you may need to write an email outlining your request and ask for a transfer from the people in authority.

However, if they will not still provide any paperwork, please follow this procedure before making any complaints to the Department of Education:

  1. Make a written complaint to the school.
  2. Contact the school’s board of governors or contact the council if you’re not satisfied that your complaint has been resolved. To locate your local council, you can visit this link:
  3. You can make a formal complaint to the Department of Education.

You should provide the Department of Education with as much detail as you can to help them to investigate your complaint:

  • say what the problem is
  • say what you want to happen
  • provide information on any relevant communication on the subject, including, for example, any reference numbers on letters or emails, and the times and dates of any conversations
  • address your complaint to the person responsible if you have their name

You can send your complaint to:

Ministerial and Public Communications Division
Department for Education
Piccadilly Gate
Store Street
M1 2WD

Contact form:

Telephone: 0370(###) ###-####/p>

Is there anything else I can help with today?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
No thank you so much

No problem. Thank you for your enquiry today, please do not hesitate to contact us in future.

Thank you for your question on JustAnswer. We are always available to help and please do let me know if you have any other questions I can answer for you.

MARTINT330 and 4 other Law Specialists are ready to help you