ReadyLaw
ReadyLaw, Lawyer
Experience:  Bar Professional Training Course
104128041

I'm in an awful dilemma. I have been in a long and

Hello, I'm in an awful dilemma. I have been in a long and inconclusive divorce with my husband for 8 yrs now. It is an awkward situation, in which I was left totally dependent on him financially. We agreed that he would serve the divorce since he was the earner - I'm sorry I don't know where to start really
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: I don't have the money for a lawyer anymore, we have been through several episodes... he just dragged things out until I ran out - so I tried to do it alone
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this yet?
Customer: I don't have the money for a lawyer anymore, we have been through several episodes... he just dragged things out until I ran out - so I tried to do it alone
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I am being threatened now with contempt of court because I don't know the right way to fight back in a hostile situation
Hi welcome to justanswer
I amCustomerone of the legal experts here. My goal is to provide you with the best experience possible and answer any questions which you may have about your current situation.
I may not respond immediately, this is because I may need some time to read what you shared above, type and respond to you.
If there is anything else you need, please let me know before I respond?
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I don't know where to begin - this is such a mess - I am supposed to be liaising with his lawyer, but nothing works ...and I get hostile letters whenever something doesn't fit their agenda ...and they tell me that I can't tell the court anything because its inappropriate
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I'm confused - the phone rang, gave a recorded message and the said goodbye
what do I do?
Thanks for your patience and enquiry. I am sorry to hear what has been happening. I see a colleague of mine is scheduled to call you back. I will give you some help here until they do so.
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
How can you help me?

As this is protracted, you may benefit from trying some form of mediation as a means of settling things. Mediation may be the best way to save money and time especially since this has been going on for some time.

You have not said for what you have been threatened. However you must comply with the court’s orders otherwise you may be sanctioned for not doing so. This could include being penalized with cost orders.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I suggested that - my husband wouldn't agree to it - we are already into court hearings now. I am trying hard not to be in contempt of court, but husband keeps throwing obstacles in my way so that I can't comply
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I tried to do this alone, under the impression it was going to be amicable this time, but it's not amicable and I don't know how to handle it - I don't know what I'm doing really.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
It's 10;14pm now, and it's been several hours since I was told that the solicitor would call me shortly. I need to go to bed.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Since I did not receive any call or any help, I want my 51€ refunded back to me please.

Kindly reach out to our customer services team with respect to the call, they should be able to assist