Ed Turner
Ed Turner,
Experience:  Director and Consultant Solicitor (Self-Employed) at Ed Turner LLB Limited
107013918

We have had a holiday booked with on the beach since Nive,

Hi. We have had a holiday booked with on the beach since Nive
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: November. Now they have decided we are not going home on the 10/7/22 but now flying at 10am on the 11th. They have said we need to pay extra £400 to go back on the 10th.
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: We have spoken to them explained we cannot come back the 11th due to work. I’m deputy manager of care in the community and our registered manager is away on the 11th so it imperative that I am in work on the 11th. We cannot leave the office unmanned due to the complexities of the work and vulnerability of our clients.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I think we’ve covered it all. They did say we could pay extra £400 to go on the 10th which we had already booked. The flight they have changed us to is the next day. We have 2 children also which is not viable to be on the airport for 24 hours or more.
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
We cannot afford to pay extra for something we already booked.

Hello. I am Ed, a Solicitor qualified in England and Wales with over a decade’s experience in the legal profession advising clients.

I specialise in Commercial Contracts, Business Transactions, Employment, Dispute Resolution, Personal Injury and Road Traffic Law and shall be reviewing your legal problem today.

Regarding the site’s automatic offer of a Premium Service Phone Call, I shall be delighted to talk with you by phone to discuss your issue in greater detail if you accept the offer.

I am sorry that you are facing a potential dispute with your travel agent who are imposing extra charges at the last minute but hopefully I can assist you in resolving the matter before it escalates and you are forced to incur significant further legal costs.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
I’m happy to speak to you, but I can’t really afford a premium phone call if this is charged as such.

It appears that the travel agent is attempting to vary the original contract from what the parties originally agreed by imposing further charges at the eleventh hour.

Variations to commercial contracts must be agreed by both parties to be effective, otherwise the party attempting to impose and enforce the variation unilaterally is committing a breach of the contract.

You may expressly consent to the variation of the contract and abide by the new terms and price increase.

Alternatively, you may reject the variation and terminate the contract for the travel agent's breach of the contract. You can also claim damages for breach of contract in the civil County Courts for damages for your losses, such as fees you have paid above what was originally agreed.

I shall be delighted to speak to you today if you accept the site’s automatic offer.

Any additional charges for a Premium Service Phone Call are displayed with the site’s option.

To decide if you want a Premium Service Phone Call, you may consider my written answer, you may then accept the offer of a Premium Service Phone Call.

I have not received a notification that you have accepted a Phone Call.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
At present I’m not able to commit to the offer, I am going to ring them on Monday to discuss the matter again with them, if I do not get any satisfaction I will gladly take the offer.

I hope this is a satisfactory initial reply to your question and you understand my recommendations. Please revert to me if you do not understand anything and require clarification of my answer and I shall be delighted to assist.

I can also offer a Premium Service Consultation for an additional fee if you need detailed and bespoke legal advice. If you accept, I will pass you my direct email address and phone number. I can review any relevant documentation and consult with you by telephone for around 20 minutes. This will give you a clearer picture of your legal position and your potential options for progressing the matter to the next stage.

LawyerEd

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
that sounds good. If I could come back to you after I’ve spoken to the company it would be good. Thank you.

Of course.   Have a great weekend and best of luck in resolving the matter.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.