Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

My ex partner has recently died. He married his girlfriend 6

My ex partner has recently died. He married his girlfriend 6 weeks before he died. He drafted his will after he got married and has left the house to our children but his wife is continuing to live there even though she was not left the house in the will what can the children do to get her to leave their property?
JA: Where are they? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Cambridgeshire England
JA: What steps have they taken so far?
Customer: nothing at the moment he only died a week ago
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: she has been left the contents of the house
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Thank you so much

Well firstly probate has to be applied for and granted and then the executor/administrator of your ex-partner has to get the land registry tittle deeds updated to the name of your children or if they are under 18 the name of a trust which would have to be established for your children. Once all that is done, the locks can be changed and she will need to leave. I trust this assists

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Ok so she’s entitled to keep the keys to the house and stay there until probate is done?

Well at least applied for and the title passed to your children because in the interim your children have no authority to remove her the property is not in their name. I trust this assists

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Ok thanks. Have I just made a one off payment for this service? Or have I signed up to a prescription

I have no access to or control over your account so in short I do not know. You can direct your account queries to customer service and they can assist