Maurizio
Maurizio,
Experience:  Expert
116381621

I have an issue with a removal company, UK BEVERLEY, Non as

I have an issue with a removal company
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: UK BEVERLEY
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Non as yet need some legal advise
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: need some help or information regarding a removal company I am using. They have put my possessions into storage, which is a steel container stacked on top of another container. I have asked the company if I collect my furniture etc and they have told me I have to give them 24 hours notice so they can put an industrial ladder for me to access the container. This to me is a health and safety issue so I requested they unload my possessions to ground floor. The manager told me I had to pay them £250 for 2 men to u load the container !! How can this be legal?

Hello, I'm an adviser with JA and I will try to help you.

Please note the following:

1. Do not provide personal information/data here. Please note that, under UK General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) ‘personal data’ means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person”.
  2. If you request a call, this can be either with me or with another expert that is available to pick your request.
  3. This service is intended for general information only, not advice, and does not include the examination of documents.
  4. JA does not provide legal representation and no client/lawyer relationship of any kind will be established.
  5. If you need (urgent) legal representation or advice, or answering your question requires the examination of documents and/or non-straightforward activity that falls outside the remit of this service, you should consider consulting a solicitor – and/or a barrister as the case may be – which you can look for at the following links:

https://solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk/

https://www.barcouncil.org.uk/find-a-barrister.html

Hello.

I will try to assist you with your query.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.

Did you sign a written contract with them?

.