How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ed Turner Your Own Question
Ed Turner
Ed Turner,
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2630
Experience:  Director and Consultant Solicitor (Self-Employed) at Ed Turner LLB Limited
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ed Turner is online now

I want to apply for setting aside a default judgemnet

This answer was rated:

HI I want to apply for setting aside a default judgemnet online. how do i appy
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I am based in Manchester and the claim is in Business and property court in london
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I came toknow yesterday from the clainst counsel that court issed default on basis that defence was not filed in time . I have prrof that it was delivered in tim and the claimnst counsel has emialed me saying that he will advise his client to support an application
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no

Hello. I am Ed, a Solicitor qualified in England and Wales with over a decade’s experience in the legal profession advising clients.

I specialise in Commercial Contracts, Business Transactions, Employment, Dispute Resolution, Personal Injury and Road Traffic Law and shall be reviewing your legal problem today.

Regarding the site’s automatic offer of a Premium Service Phone Call, I shall be delighted to talk with you by phone to discuss your issue in greater detail if you accept the offer.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I have not recived teh judgemnet but have been infomred by the cliamnst solicitor when i sent them our draft for application for security of costs.

I am sorry that you have had a default judgment entered in court proceedings but hopefully I can assist you in resolving the matter before it escalates and you are forced to incur significant further legal costs.

You need a copy of the DJ Order or draft application from the other side.

Ed Turner and 3 other Law Specialists are ready to help you

Thank you for your time on the phone earlier.

I hope that I have resolved your enquiry.

I wish you all the very best in resolving this matter.

Kind regards