How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jeremy Aldermartin Your Own Question
Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 11656
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jeremy Aldermartin is online now

I was made bankrupt near the year 2000 in the Barnsley

This answer was rated:

Hi I was made bankrupt near the year 2000 in the Barnsley county court however after several emails to enquiries they cannot find any details of this
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this? In which country do you live? If different, which country is your legal question related to?
Customer: UK not spoke to a solicitor yet
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Only spoke to enquiries at the court they say they have no record of this it is over 20 years ago
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Why I need this is because my ex wife wants to pay of the mortgage and the mortgage company won't let her untill I get the info

I am afraid if the court has no record there will be no record. Given it has been 20 years and typically records are destroyed after 10 years it is perhaps understandable. That said, the mortgage company cannot prevent the mortgage being paid off. I trust this assists

Jeremy Aldermartin and 3 other Law Specialists are ready to help you