Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

I was made bankrupt near the year 2000 in the Barnsley

Hi I was made bankrupt near the year 2000 in the Barnsley county court however after several emails to enquiries they cannot find any details of this
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this? In which country do you live? If different, which country is your legal question related to?
Customer: UK not spoke to a solicitor yet
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Only spoke to enquiries at the court they say they have no record of this it is over 20 years ago
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Why I need this is because my ex wife wants to pay of the mortgage and the mortgage company won't let her untill I get the info

I am afraid if the court has no record there will be no record. Given it has been 20 years and typically records are destroyed after 10 years it is perhaps understandable. That said, the mortgage company cannot prevent the mortgage being paid off. I trust this assists