SASH_Law
SASH_Law, Lawyer
Experience:  LLB (Hons)
96947008

I am divorced and my daughter is leaving full time with me

Good evening. I am divorced and my daughter is leaving full time with me and my son its on 50% with me and 50% with his father. My question is am i entitled to receive money from her father for child maintenance
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: No
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: After we divorced 3 years ago both of our children were on 50 50 care but since September last year my daughter is full time with me
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: That's all i need to know if i am entitled for financial help from my ex husband

Hello, how are you today?

My name is ***** ***** I am going to see if I can assist with your query. Let me just read your first post. I may need to ask you additional questions after I have read it, and if I do, they will appear in my next response. It is important you answer all the questions I ask, so that I have the information I need to give you an accurate response.

JA is a Q&A website, and this ‘chat’ is email based, which means responses may not be immediate. Do rest assured however, that I will be providing you with an answer to your query today.

The site will offer a phone call, this is automated and it is important for you to know that I do not make calls. I will answer your query online.

How old is your daughter now?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Ok thank you
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
17 years old

Is she in full time education?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
she is

In that case you can make a claim for child maintenance for her.  See here: www.gov.uk/child-maintenance

Can I clarify anything for you or has that answered your query?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
That's all i needed to know . Thank you very much

You're very welcome.

Glad I could assist.

f you have new questions and wish to ask for my assistance, you can do so by putting FOR SASH_Law ONLY in the subject heading, or, once you have rated this question you will be able to add me as a favourite expert from your membership page. When you wish to ask me another query, you can then simply type “@“ followed by my name in your next chat, e.g. @SASH_Law. 

All the best!