How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask james bruce Your Own Question
james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 7230
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
Type Your Law Question Here...
james bruce is online now

HMRC asked me to get a letter from a lawyer that i live in

This answer was rated:

HMRC asked me to get a letter from a lawyer that i live in the uk from 2020. This is for cancelling Hungarian national insurance
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this? In which country do you live? If different, which country is your legal question related to?
Customer: I live in the UK. This is for the HMRC
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: nothing yet
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I just need a letter from a lawyer
Hello, I hope you are well. My name is***** am a solicitor advocate and I will be assisting you with your question today. I am very sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing and I will do my best to help you with this matter.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
This is for the SO41 form which the Hungarian gov asking from HMRC
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Good evening James

You would need to arrange to visit a local solicitor at a law firm and arrange to make a Statutory declaration document with them, this is a sworn statement by you that what you say is true and they witness and sign this document conforming your statement that you have lived in U.K.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Okay thank you.The HMRC letter said it could be nurse, teacher etc too. That’s why i thought it’s not that serious
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
File attached (GV66655)
you can have a letter written by someone in theses professions, but they would need to know you and know that you were in the UK as you state.

A solicitor or anyone profession who does not know you would not write such a letter as they would have no idea if you were or not.

So either fond someone who knows you in one of those professions or consider the statutory declaration.

Your local GP could do this, or if you have children at school a teacher or if you attend church the vicar or minister etc.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I understand. Thank you
Good bye

Your welcome.

Thank you for using Just Answer and for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry. I am pleased I was able to be of assistance. Please do not hesitate to come back to me for further advice on this or any other legal matter. It will be my pleasure to be able to assist you again.

james bruce and other Law Specialists are ready to help you