james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
90006247

My cousin is pretending to be next of kin it’s lies I’m her

My cousin is pretending to be next of kin it’s lies I’m her daughter
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Manchester
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: the coroner is deciding who will be next of kin me or her
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: eill the coroner see through the lies
Hello, I hope you are well. My name is***** am a solicitor advocate and  I will be assisting you with your question today. I am very sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing and I will do my best to help you with this matter.
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I’m just wondering what if this goes in my cousin’s favourite will she be found out for lying

In the UK, there is no specific legal definition to define the meaning of ‘next-of-kin

As there are no clear legal rules, however, a next of kin doesn’t necessarily have to be a blood relative. While this is most often the case, it could also be a partner or a close friend, particularly if you are in hospital and need to name a next of kin and provide their details to medical staff.

It helps if a person puts in writing how is their preferred next of kin.

Therefore your cousin is not lying, because they can indeed be next of kin.

You have already stated that the coroner has said they will decide this, so sorry to say, you now need to wait for their decision, unless you can produce a document from your mother showing you as her choice of next of kin.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
My cousin said to the coroner that my mum wanted her to be next of kin not me this is not true because there is no written proof of this and I’ve told the coroner this

I fully understand how you feel.

But if there is nothing written down, then neither is there any proof that you mother wanted you as next of kin, or did not want him to be.

Very sorry but the lack of anything in  writing works both ways

If there is a will this could help, usually a relative named as executor may act as next of kin.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
We are not sure if there is a will yet

Then sadly it is in the hands of the coroner

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Ok thank u x

Thank you for using Just Answer and for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry. I am pleased I was able to be of assistance. Please do not hesitate to come back to me for further advice on this or any other legal matter. It will be my pleasure to be able to assist you again.