Joshua, Lawyer
Experience:  LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice
35043042

Can I speak to a solicitor? Poole, I have just left my

Can I speak to a solicitor?
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Poole
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I have just left my rental flat and told to pay for cleaning having left the flat in a good condition. Lived for 3years. Not paying me my full deposit
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Just to know what are my rights

Hello and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will be very pleased to assist you. I'm a practising lawyer in England with over 15 years’ experience. Please be aware that although I will endeavour to reply to you promptly, I am also in full time private practice and so I may not be available to respond immediately and it may also take me a few minutes to prepare a reply. The site will notify you as soon as I respond. I look forward to working with you to answer your question fully.

1. I am sorry to read of the above. May I confirm if the landlord carried out an inventory when you moved in and another one when you moved out please?
  2. have you been told that you need to pay for professional cleaning or have you been told that certain items are not cleaned to an appropriate standard and the landlord is seeking to charge you for cleaning as a result?
  3. do you consider that objectively you left the property in at least as good estate in terms of cleaning as the condition you found it?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
the final inventory was done with the rent agent, and the flat was left in a good condition. May be I forward email details

thank you. Are you able to also assist me with my enquiry numbered two please?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It's ok to continue with texts please
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Not switching to a live phone call please. No. Thanks

thank you. Are you able to also assist me with my enquiry numbered 2 please?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Can forward the email from the rent agent that speaks about all
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Your question for number 2, yes I have been asked to pay for the cost of professional carpet cleaning

thank you. May I clarify that is because there is an allegation that  the carpet has been stained or because it is an obligation in the contract specifically?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
In the contract says should be clean as met, but i have tried to clean but they said not clean enough
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No phone call request

thank you. Finally, what evidence have they provided to demonstrate that the carpets are not clean enough? Specifically, what iis wrong with them according to the landlord or agent?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The agent took picture to compare; said one area is clean than the other , also mentioned limescale around taps though I have cleaned this also
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I can see that my account has been deducted. So will you please call me then?

Sadly I'm not able to call you myself as it was not me that picked up your call request but rather it was one of my colleagues. However customer services will be more than happy to assist you with reaching out to my colleague or alternatively, with a refund as you prefer. They can be contacted in a variety of ways including telephone, email and chat via the below link or on 0808(###) ###-####

https://www.justanswer.com/help/contact-us

I am happy to continue to assist here in chat if you would like.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
To continue with texts please, the agent took pictures of the carpet and compare with other parts, stated not cleaned enough. Also took pictures of sinks stated some limescale despite my cleaning these earlier

thank you. Following the introduction of the tenant fees act, it is no longer possible for a landlord or agent to request that a tenant pays for professional cleaning. it is possible for a landlord to require that a property is cleaned to a professional standard by way of a provision in the tenancy agreement. Otherwise, a landlord can require that a tenant returns the property in the same condition that they found it except for wear and tear.

as such, this is in effect a dispute as regards ***** ***** the property was left in. The only basis for the landlord to make a claim is if they can prove on the balance of probability that the property was not left in the same condition of cleanliness as it was provided to you. The burden of proof is upon the landlord in this respect to show not for you to disprove and only of the landlord is able to produce evidence in support of their claims do you then need to address that evidence in dispute it.

If the landlord cannot show that the property was left in a less clean state than that which it was provided, then they will have no claim against you. To the extent that they are able to show this by way of an inventory for example, then they can make a claim for such reasonable costs as appropriate to bring the property up to that standard.

If you are not able to agree between you, you can either refer the matter to the free dispute resolution service offered by the deposit protection service or otherwise, you can elect to go to court.