Joy Nicholas
Joy Nicholas, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
106220719

Pearl, I am looking for legal support on Cookie laws

Customer Question

Pearl, hi I am looking for legal support on Cookie laws (shivers) and wondered if you could help?
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: England - UK
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Read up the ICO guidelines however my question wasn't answered
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Nope :)
Customer: replied 29 days ago.
Ben, hi, hope you're well. Quickie question on privacy policy law, specifically around cookies that I hoped you could help with please
Customer: replied 29 days ago.
My understand of 3rd party cookie policies is that a customer should be promoted upfront around cookies when landing on a site and then have the ability to control/manage their cookies easily. I also understand that the cookie information should not be hidden away in policies and the site does not rely on browser settings
Customer: replied 29 days ago.
Interestingly, if my understanding is correct, The JustAnswer site does just that :)
Customer: replied 29 days ago.
https://www.justanswer.co.uk/info/cookie-notice
Customer: replied 29 days ago.
Q1) is the justanswer cookie notice sufficient? I am looking to implement 3rd party cookies on my business site and want to ensure that I am covered?
Customer: replied 29 days ago.
Q2) If i was running a proof of concept trial with a 3rd party, would I still need to 'fully' comply (i think i already know the answer to this one)
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 29 days ago.

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
I’m happy to wait thank you
Expert:  oleksandrav-mod replied 26 days ago.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Oleksandra-Moderator
Expert:  Joy Nicholas replied 17 days ago.
Hi, thank you for your message. Can I confirm what steps have you taken so far?
Expert:  Joy Nicholas replied 16 days ago.
Hi, thank you for your message. Without an answer to my question I can only give a general answer. I would advise you instruct a solicitor in your area to review your whole structure and examine the best approach going forward. I hope this helps. Best wishes