UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

I am a British citizen and travel to Sierra Leone for

Hi, I am a British citizen and travel to Sierra Leone for holiday where my privacy was breached by the head of HR in Swiss Hotel
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: im in the UK chatting with you now
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I have contacted the general manager of the hotel but he seems to be dragging/down playing my complaint
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Of course

I am a solicitor.

What do you wish to ask about this please?

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
I had an affair at the hotel in Sierra Leone and my wife was informed in the UK. The head of HR at the hotel happens to be someone I grew up together with. I asked her not to tell any of my family members I was staying at the hotel.After my wife was informed about my affair, I automatically thought it came from the head of HR at the hotel. I contacted the Manager of the hotel by phone and informed him of my query.The manager informed the head of HR who I thought informed my wife. Less than 24 hours, I informed the manager again that the HR was not involved. I apologised in a voice note to the manager and the head of HR.The head of HR now contacted 4 of my siblings even though I told her not to do so. She sent insulting messages/voice nots to my phone. She also addressed other voice notes to my wife insulting her.How should I proceed?

I am afraid I do not see any basis of a claim here. As this happened in Sierra Leone, any proceedings would fall under their law and jurisdiction and you would need to engage a local lawyer there. Legally, I do not see a good basis for you to take this further.

May I help further?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Day light thieves. I did not sign up to become a member. I only wanted to speak to a lawyer which I paid £48.00 for.