MARTINT330
MARTINT330,
Experience:  Expert
112154245

Me and my ex wife have split about 2 years ago, last night

Hi me and my ex wife have split about 2 years ago, last night she found I had slept with someone and came and taken my son away from me and said I’m to have no contact with him what are my options
JA: Are there any allegations of drug, alcohol, or financial problems?
Customer: no allegations of that
JA: Are there allegations of physical or emotional danger to your son?
Customer: no physical or emotional danger to my son
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: The girl I slept with is 17 and I’m 29

Hello, my name is***** hope you are well today. I am a qualified Solicitor, and I will be able to help you by providing you with an answer to your question today. I specialise in UK and Irish Law. I am not always online but rest assured if I do not respond immediately I will respond when I return.

Is there anything else you feel is relevant to your question or anything else you would like to add before we continue?

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
I currently run a pub and she is one of my employees
Customer: replied 21 days ago.
That’s everything I have around the
Customer: replied 21 days ago.
situation

In that case, since you are separating from your current partner, or will be getting a divorce, you may need to get a child arrangement application to establish the terms of contact and access to your children. You have several options:

1) If both of you agree, then you can put your agreement into writing in the form a contract. This will be legally binding between both of you.

2) If both of you do not agree, there are options to help you reach an agreement without going to courts. You may seek the assistance of family mediators, who will be in the best position to help you reach a settlement for the sharing of your child's custody. You may find a Family Mediator who specializes in these disputes here

3) If the mediation fails, then any of you can apply for a court order using the form here: Application Form

Do take note that the family tribunals would appreciate it if you go to mediation first, as it is cheaper and a faster procedure than going with a full-blown court proceeding.

Is there anything else I can help with today?

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
With my ex wife she is saying I can’t have any contact with my son because of sleeping with a 17 year old

I can see you have requested a telephone call. Is this correct? Unfortunately, I'm not able to take calls at the moment, but the request will be open to other Experts to help you. I am however available and happy to continue chatting on the platform.

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
When will I receive the phone call?

I will refer this to customer care for you to check if one of my colleagues can call. Unfortunately I am unavailable for calls at the moment.