MARTINT330
MARTINT330,
Experience:  Expert
112154245

Thanks! I’m a from Nigeria and I got married to my wife and

Customer Question

Thanks! I’m a from Nigeria and I got married to my wife and she is England and I will love to join her in England but I don’t know how to go about it
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this? In which country do you live? If different, which country is your legal question related to?
Customer: No I have not talk to a lawyer about this because I don’t have money for that? I’m from Nigeria and my wife is from England and we got married in Cyprus
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: None
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: None
Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 20 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** hope you are well today. I am a qualified Solicitor, and I will be able to help you by providing you with an answer to your question today. I specialise in UK and Irish Law. I am not always online but rest assured if I do not respond immediately I will respond when I return.

Is there anything else you feel is relevant to your question or anything else you would like to add before we continue?

Is your wife a British Citizen or a settled person in the UK?

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
My wife is a British citizen
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Sorry I can’t afford the call amount

I see. Since your wife is a British citizen, you can apply for a Spouse Visa to join her in the UK. In this case, to apply for a spouse visa, you will need to:

• Have all the required documents
  • Pass the ‘Genuine Relationship Test’
  • Meet the minimum income threshold and the financial requirement
  • Demonstrate your knowledge of the English language
  • Have proof of suitable accommodation for you, your partner, and any dependents
  • Get your biometrics taken to get leave to remain
  • To remain in the UK, you may also need to pass a medical test to show you don’t have tuberculosis (TB), depending on your country of residence

You can apply online here: Apply for a Spouse Visa

Don't worry, the call request is an automated response by the system.

Is there anything else I can help with today?

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
They is nothing else all I need is what I need to be able able to get a visa and be with my wife in England

Yes, you only need to apply for a Spouse Visa to join your wife in the UK.

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Can I apply it here in Nigeria?

Yes, you can online as I provided above.

I will send my initial response again.

Since your wife is a British citizen, you can apply for a Spouse Visa to join her in the UK. In this case, to apply for a spouse visa, you will need to:

• Have all the required documents
  • Pass the ‘Genuine Relationship Test’

You can apply online here: Apply for a Spouse Visa

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Ok how much will it cost
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Okay

It costs £1,538.

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Do I need the British consulate stamp in on the certificate in Cyprus?
Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 19 days ago.

Yes, administering an oath, affirmation or affidavit, witnessing a signature, or certifying copies of documents. The British embassy and consulates do not offer these services as local notaries and lawyers may provide them instead. You would need to contact a local notary or lawyer for these services.

Thank you for your question on JustAnswer. We are always available to help and please do let me know if you have any other questions I can answer for you.