ReadyLaw
ReadyLaw, Lawyer
Experience:  Bar Professional Training Course
104128041

My mother made a Will but it is now being contested for

Customer Question

My mother made a Will but it is now being contested for undue influence. About 18 months ago I started to voice record conversations I had with my mother, no deceased, which clearly show I did not. I can show the voice recordings were created at the address my mother lived and about 12 months into making the recordings I told her about them and got her permission to use them on a recording. Will they be admissible in court?
JA: Where is she? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: England
JA: What steps has she taken so far?
Customer: My mother has passed - it is I who has to defend the Will - I have taken no steps
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: nope
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 20 days ago.
Hi welcome to justanswer
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 20 days ago.
I amCustomerone of the legal experts here. My goal is to provide you with the best experience possible and answer any questions which you may have about your current situation.
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 20 days ago.
I may not respond immediately, this is because I may need some time to read what you shared above, type and respond to you.
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 20 days ago.
If there is anything else you need, please let me know before I respond?
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Nothing else no
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
for now can we text please?
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
hello?
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Customerare you still there - if not can I get my £5 back?
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Customerif you arent there I am going to go through to customer services for a refund if thats alright
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
I am watching Game of Thrones Season 2 Episode 2
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 20 days ago.
Thanks for your patience and enquiry. Who has taken you to court? What is the nature of your mother's will?
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 20 days ago.

You have not come back to me, I will however give a response based on my understanding of what you have typed. You are welcomed to come back to seek further clarifying if at all it is required.

Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 20 days ago.

Yes, video recorded evidence can be relied on at a hearing in this matter. There are special rules with respect to how video recorded evidence will be allowed into the proceeding. For example the court will ask what device was used to record the video footage and you may asked to give evidence as to its working condition at the hearing.

Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 20 days ago.

However as a general rule of thumb, video evidence can be relied on.

Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 20 days ago.

Can I clarify anything for you? I hope I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.