Joshua, Lawyer
Experience:  LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice
35043042

Halo, I would like to have my passport back from Pretoria I

Halo, good morning I would like to have my passport back from Pretoria I want to travel somewhere for business . I submitted on the 12/05/2022 but I have not gotten any message yet of picking my passport

Hello and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will be very pleased to assist you. I'm a practising lawyer in England with over 15 years’ experience. Please be aware that although I will endeavour to reply to you promptly, I am also in full time private practice and so I may not be available to respond immediately and it may also take me a few minutes to prepare a reply. The site will notify you as soon as I respond. I look forward to working with you to answer your question fully.

I am sorry to read of the above. May I clarify where you sent your passport please precisely?

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Am from Uganda

thank you. Where did you send your passport and for what purpose please?

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Pretoria South Africa
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
I re applied on the 12/05/2022 one month and 3 days now I want to use the passport want to travel somewhere but I’ve not gotten any information about when my passport is coming back

I remain unclear as regards ***** ***** sent your passport. I appreciate from what you say you send to Pretoria but without any intention to sound facetious, presumably you did not put it in an envelope addressed to "Pretoria, South Africa". would I be correct to assume that you sent it perhaps to an embassy? If so, which embassy please?

do you have any further information available in respect of the above please?

If you have no further information on the above I will be happy to provide a general answer
I will provide a general response on the above in the morning

I'm following up on the above. Without some further information from you as above, I am limited in what I can say on the matter but in the hope it is helpful nonetheless, I will provide you with the following broad answer. If you are able to kindly provide me with the above further information or if you have any further questions generally, I will be delighted to expand on the following - please just reply back to me in this case:

Notwithstanding the above, in general terms how you might proceed will depend upon to whom you have actually sent your passport. I assume you have likely sent it to an embassy for the purposes of renewal or more likely a visa.

If that is the case then your only recourse would be to contact the embassy in question to request that whatever application you applied for is cancelled and your passport returned. It can often be difficult to contact embassies at present or ask for applications to be cancelled but you can attempt it. Else you may need to contact your government and seek to apply for a new passport on the basis yours has been lost. 

I hope the above is of some assistance but if you have any further questions, please revert to me.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Halo, good morning am sorry been not replying to you I’ve been so sick was admitted but another thing I need to ask for, I need an email For TLScontact Kampala,Uganda I think would be better wen I consult them.Thanks

I'm glad the above answers all your questions for now - I'm sorry to read that you have been ill and I hope you are making a good recovery. If you have any follow up questions please reply back to me.

I hope I was able to answer your question. If you would like to ask me another question in the future, you can add me as a favourite Expert. You'll have the option to do that on your "My Questions" page if you choose to rate our interaction or you can request me by name if you wish. Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer and see you again in the future I hope.