Patrick;Lawyer
Patrick;Lawyer,
Experience:  Expert
114275491

I'm new to this website, I can just ask a lawyer a question?

Customer Question

I'm new to this website, I can just ask a lawyer a question? My question is - I am filing a DMCA counter notice with Google. Someone said I infringed their copyright and I didn't infringe it. I filed a counter notice and put my postbox address on it. Google came back and said they need my street address. I'm hesitant to give my street address as Google will probably hand it straight over to the scammers who falsely claimed I infringed them. Could I get a UK laywer and give them my laywers address instead? Could this work or is there a better solution? If this could work, how do I get a lawyer who will let me do it? I've never used a lawyer before. Thank you
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this? In which country do you live? If different, which country is your legal question related to?
Customer: I live in England/United Kingdom. The complaint is living in USA and my website is based in USA serving mainly Americans it is a large website
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Filing a DMCA counter notice
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I wouldn't know what the lawyer would need as I've never spoken to a lawyer before
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 20 days ago.

Expert:  Patrick;Lawyer replied 20 days ago.

Hello there and thank you for choosing to use our service. I am an experienced litigation solicitor specialising in pragmatic risk management. I have worked in the law across multiple jurisdictions since 1999 including USA, Ireland and England and Wales where I gained most of my practical knowledge and experience over 16 plus years. My MO with Just Answer is to provide a clear answer to your question in an efficient way. Let’s strive to achieve this together by working in tandem with your questions. This is not an instant text function but I will answer your query directly over the next 24/48 hours. This is a collaborative and interactive service so please provide as much focused information as possible in order to optimise your experience and value obtained from our platform. Keep calm and focused as these are prerequisites in commencing any legal transaction or defending any legal action or early dispute. I will return to you as quickly as I can to provide my top level summary / RSVP, request for additional information and practical guidance ~ if appropriate. This answer will not constitute any client / attorney relationship but it is my firm intention to deliver a direct answer to your question. Regards

Thank you for your question and it might be prudent to set up a call to outline your options / risk assess your case etc.  Happy to proceed by text too but I will need a little time before rounding out.  I understand your query and will assist as best as I can.  Regards

Expert:  Patrick;Lawyer replied 19 days ago.

I would be happy to assist with any follow up, checking or clarification required here. We offer additional, customised services beyond this Q&A function if you wish to consider that option. I will close out with my final thoughts upon your response. Regards

Expert:  Patrick;Lawyer replied 18 days ago.

Let’s keep a watching brief here by all means but equally you require closure and the ability to move on. Resolution is always best to achieve swiftly and without resorting to a formal court process if at all possible. Let me know your thoughts please when you are able. Regards