Ed Turner
Ed Turner,
Experience:  Director and Consultant Solicitor (Self-Employed) at Ed Turner LLB Limited
107013918

I worked for Lynx Financial Systems in the early 2000s I

Customer Question

I worked for Lynx Financial Systems in the early 2000s I designed specs for the Fund System. I was on the Product Strategy Group the youngest ever member. These switches have made the system one of top ten systems in the world.https://trustquay.com/industry-sectors/Specs for 4 Series Fund/5 Series Enhancements Trust Quay• System generated number for security stocks Year 2002
• System wide help screens for the fund system and for switches and future enhancements Year 2002
• Full Venture Capital Spec switch designed by Grant Year 2002
• Touch screen spec for the whole system including face login, biometrics, user defined gestures designed by Grant Year 2016
• Standard Ledger spec designed by Grant Year 2016
• Fully automated security transaction import with varying levels of autocheck, validation routine worked out Grant Designed by Grant Any source (Straight Through Processing) Year 2016I have never had any money from them is there anything I can do?
Expert:  Ed Turner replied 21 days ago.

Hello. I am Ed, a Solicitor qualified in England and Wales with over a decade’s experience in the legal profession advising clients.

I specialise in Commercial Contracts, Business Transactions, Employment, Dispute Resolution, Personal Injury and Road Traffic Law and shall be reviewing your legal problem today.

I shall be delighted to talk with you by phone to discuss your issue in greater detail if you accept the site’s automatic offer of a Premium Service Phone Call.

Expert:  Ed Turner replied 21 days ago.

I am sorry that you are facing a potential dispute with a former employer or contractor client for non-payment of your work for them but hopefully I can assist you in resolving the matter before it escalates and you are forced to incur significant further legal costs.

Expert:  Ed Turner replied 21 days ago.

Were you an employee or independent contractor?

What were the dates of your engagement?

The portal says that you are based on Guernsey.   Which legal jurisdiction governed the contract?

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Worked for the firm as a business consultant as an employee. June 2000 to September 2002. I sat down in a room and went and logged all the bugs in the system to be fixed. It was a Guernsey Job, it was a commission job but I received nothing, I did the ECDL they didn't pay for it and I didn't get a pay rise.
Expert:  Ed Turner replied 21 days ago.

Unfortunately, under England and Wales Law, there is a presumption that all works and Intellectual Property Rights ("IPR") carried out by an employee under a contract of employer vest in the employer, not the employee.   Therefore, you have no claim against the employer for unpaid royalties under your IPRs in the work.

Furthermore, any claim for breach of contract for your unpaid commission and breach of IPR is now statute barred as such claims have a 6 year limitation period.   If you issue court proceedings against the company, these will most likely be defended and struck out as statute-barred without the parties proceeding to a full-contest trial and testing the substantive issues of the case.

Expert:  Ed Turner replied 21 days ago.

I hope this is a satisfactory initial reply to your question and you understand my recommendations. Please revert to me if you do not understand anything and require clarification of my answer and I shall be delighted to assist.

LawyerEd

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
The touch spec, transaction import, and ledger spec I was not an employee they were done in 2016
Expert:  Ed Turner replied 21 days ago.

I do not understand your last message.    You said earlier that you were an employee between 2000 and 2002.

Were you involved with the project in 2016?

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
I sent in additional enhancements to what was microgen in 2016
Expert:  Ed Turner replied 21 days ago.

Is the company you contracted with still in existence?

I am concerned that due to the passage of time, the potential defendant may no longer be inexistence, recognisable from the corporate entity you contracted with and the work may no longer be being used.

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
No I wasn't involved in a project I found the transaction validation routine I did at credit Suisse in old emails it's can make large amounts of money as I replaced all the thinking and outcomes of inputting trades C's fund shut in 2010
Expert:  Ed Turner replied 21 days ago.

In that case, the potential defendant is defunct and not worth suing due to the passage of time.

Expert:  Ed Turner replied 21 days ago.

I am sorry that I do not have better news for you, but I must be as honest as possible with you to advise in your best interests.

If you require further legal advice from me, please create a new text thread on the portal and start it with @EdTurner. I will be notified of your request and prioritise it.

LawyerEd

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Not to worry the process can be used with any system so I can just do it to any company
Expert:  Ed Turner replied 21 days ago.

I do not understand your last question.   Please rephrase it.

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
I still have the process the company is no more. So there is nothing stopping me using it.I have post nominals BA Joint Hons Econ and Geog FRGS AmienvSc MBCS MACS CT IP3P ECDL Mini-MBA Diploma in Project Management
Expert:  Ed Turner replied 21 days ago.

I have answered your questions as far as I am able to on the Portal. Obviously, there is a limited amount of advice I can give based on a few lines of text on the Just Answer instant messaging Portal. Very often the best I can do is “point you in the right direction” for the sake of seeking more detailed advice.

If you want further bespoke advice, I need to review all relevant correspondence and documents and advise in a telephone call.

I have placed an offer of a Premium Service Phone Call Request through on the Portal.   If you do not want this additional service, I wish you all the very best in resolving this matter.

LawyerEd

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Expert:  Ed Turner replied 21 days ago.

Best of luck!