Vineet S
Vineet S,
Experience:  Freelance Solicitor at Self Employed
60556257

A agency has renege on a job offer in writing. no. yes, I

Customer Question

A agency has renege on a job offer in writing.
JA: Was this discussed with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: no.
JA: Does the workplace operate with employees, freelancers, consultants, contractors or with unionised employees?
Customer: yes
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I gave up a position with another agency to join this company.
Expert:  Vineet S replied 20 days ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, I am a solicitor in England and Wales and I will be dealing with your case today. Please note, Just Answer is an information sharing platform in a Q/A format and does not provide legal representation in any form and as such no legal lawyer/client relationship is formed.

Kindly note, I am not available for phone calls at the moment, however I can easily assist you via this online chat.

If a phone call is not required then please ignore phone call request pop-up, they get generated automatically without any input from the expert, so I have no control over these requests.

Please further note , I am a third party professional and have no control over any payment /refunds /cancellations issues.

You can contact Just Answer`s Customers team for any admin issues , by clicking the below weblink-

https://www.justanswer.co.uk/help/contact-us or via phone call - 0808(###) ###-####/p>

I will go through your question and will get back to you with my answer shortly.

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Expert:  Vineet S replied 20 days ago.

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about it.

If an employer /agency can withdraw a Job offer after its acceptance by the employee would depend on whether your job offer was 'conditional' or 'unconditional'.

If the Job offer was conditional , based on other factors such as-

• references

• criminal record checks

• medical checks

• proof of your academic /professional qualifications

• proof of your right to work in the UK

An employer can withdraw a job offer if the conditions of the offer are not met, you fail to meet the suitability criteria of the job.

If the Job offer was unconditional, then it can not be withdrawn once it has been accepted by the employee.

You have claim for the breach of employment contract by the agency/employer

Expert:  Vineet S replied 20 days ago.

However, before approaching the court, you should try to get the matter resolved amicably by raising the issue directly with the employer first and:

• ask why the job offer was withdrawn

• explain the impact on you,

• what you'd like to happen to resolve the issue

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
thank you
Expert:  Vineet S replied 20 days ago.

Thank you for using Just Answers. Best wishes.

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Appreciate your time and excellent advice.
I will contact the other side, hopefully it can be resolved.
Expert:  Vineet S replied 20 days ago.

You are welcome.

and  if you have any questions in future , you can get in touch by opening up a new post/question and FAO: Vineet S and I will be happy to help.

Thank you. Best wishes.