Stuart J
Stuart J, Solicitor
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
11292137

I wish to close a Trust account for my two Grandson's due to

Customer Question

I wish to close a Trust account for my two Grandson's due to not having any contact with them for over ten years. The building society will not agree. Malcolm Vincent.
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Yorkshire
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I have been in correspondence with them for over 4 months.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: That is the matter i wish to conclude. thank you.
Expert:  Stuart J replied 20 days ago.

Hello. My name is***** you for the question.

It is my pleasure to assist you today.

I have been in the legal profession, in High Street practice, for almost 30 years so I have wide range of experience in a great many different aspects of law.

Please bear with me and I will be online and off-line from time to time and therefore, may be delayed getting back to you.

Although I am shown as online, I may be dealing with other people, on the telephone, or typing.

Please be assured that you will receive an email once I have written a reply.

Just Answer is not a chat service, it’s an email reply board and therefore sometimes it will be minutes, sometimes it may be longer, even hours or overnight.

I apologise in advance if you suffer a delay.

Kind regards.

Expert:  Stuart J replied 20 days ago.

Who's name(s) is the trust in?

and which building society please

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Alistair and Hayden Vincent
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
The Skipton Building Society.
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Account Nos.###-##-####and###-##-####
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
I have requested that they transfer the monies into my account which they have refused to do. I hope you can give me the legal position.Thank you. Malcolm.
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
They have shown no compassion to me as iIam nearly 80 years old and find my grandson's conduct very upsetting.
Expert:  Stuart J replied 20 days ago.

Thank you. The building society will not agree because these accounts are not yours, they are trust accounts for your grandson’s. If your grandson is now over 18, the money belongs to them and they are the only ones who can get the money out.

The legal position is, I’m afraid, that the money belongs to them regardless of their lack of compassion and conduct.

I’m sorry, I know it’s not the answer you wanted.

As soon as you put something into trust it belongs to the beneficiary. You may has well given it to them and them have spent it. Sorry.

Thank you for letting me assist you with your legal question. I am glad that I was able to help.

I am not certain whether that answers the question for you or not, but I am happy to answer any specific points arising from this.

It will be my pleasure to help you again either further with this or any future questions you have

Stuart

Expert:  Stuart J replied 20 days ago.

Can I help you any further with this?

It's my pleasure to help. I’m glad that I was able to help so far.

Thank you for trusting Just Answer with your legal problem.

I'm happy to clarify anything which is outstanding.

Please don't hesitate to ask.

Stuart

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
No thank you.
Expert:  Stuart J replied 20 days ago.

My pleasure. Thank you. If you don’t have any further questions, I will mark this question thread as complete for now, but don’t worry, the thread stays open if anything else crops up over the course of the next days weeks or months. I’m glad that I was able to help. Thank you for trusting Just Answer with your legal problem. Kind regards Stuart