Stuart J
Stuart J, Solicitor
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
11292137

A neighbour has issued an CCJ £181.17 against me re criminal

Customer Question

A neighbour has issued an CCJ £181.17 against me re criminal damage to his door. Am i liable, i didn’t do it.
JA: Where is the neighbor? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: L23
JA: What steps has the neighbor taken so far?
Customer: Several letter & txts & now a CCJ. He doesn’t want to take the perper
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: He doesn’t want to take the perpetrator to court in fear of retribution. Why’s this anything to do with me. I need to respond to court by 24/6/22
Expert:  Stuart J replied 21 days ago.

Hello. My name is***** you for the question.

It is my pleasure to assist you today.

I have been in the legal profession, in High Street practice, for almost 30 years so I have wide range of experience in a great many different aspects of law.

Please bear with me and I will be online and off-line from time to time and therefore, may be delayed getting back to you.

Although I am shown as online, I may be dealing with other people, on the telephone, or typing.

Please be assured that you will receive an email once I have written a reply.

Just Answer is not a chat service, it’s an email reply board and therefore sometimes it will be minutes, sometimes it may be longer, even hours or overnight.

I apologise in advance if you suffer a delay.

Kind regards.

Expert:  Stuart J replied 21 days ago.

So if its not you who did this damage?

and why is the neighbour sending you the legal action?

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Not sure apart from the fact he thinks the party was the result of it becoming viral & in effect encouraged others to attend. He phoned the police outside his property & i guess some youths on bikes took exception. They were nothing to do with my family or friends.
Expert:  Stuart J replied 21 days ago.

If you didn’t do it, then you are not liable. I can’t see on what basis he thinks that you are liable if you didn’t do it.

All you can do is defend it.

You have 14 days to acknowledge and another 14 days to put in a defence.

Your defence is that this is nothing to do with you. You didn’t touch the door or go near the door and as such the Claimant cannot prove on the balance of probabilities that you had anything whatsoever to do with this quite simply because you have nothing to do with it.

Under the circumstances you can also say that you believe the Claimant’s claim is infectious and reasonable and that you should have your costs awarded against Claimant. Keep a note of your time at GBP19 per hour including the cost of this advice.

You may not get it don’t ask, you don’t get.

Thank you for letting me assist you with your legal question. I am glad that I was able to help.

I am not certain whether that answers the question for you or not, but I am happy to answer any specific points arising from this.

It will be my pleasure to help you again either further with this or any future questions you have

Stuart

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Sorry what’s GBP19?
Expert:  Stuart J replied 21 days ago.

Great British pounds. It’s a standard abbreviation instead of using a Pound sign

Expert:  Stuart J replied 20 days ago.

Can I help you any further with this?

It's my pleasure to help. I’m glad that I was able to help so far.

Thank you for trusting Just Answer with your legal problem.

I'm happy to clarify anything which is outstanding.

Please don't hesitate to ask.

Stuart

Expert:  Stuart J replied 20 days ago.

Hello again.

If you don’t have any further questions, I will mark this question thread as complete for now, but don’t worry, the thread stays open if anything else crops up over the course of the next days weeks or months.

I’m glad that I was able to help.

Stuart