Joshua, Lawyer
Experience:  LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice
35043042

I once made a claim for falling over hurting my ankle I

Hi I once made a claim for falling over hurting my ankle I didn't send my claim off as the company where I felt over has now closed down can I still claim as it's more than three year's ago I have kept my medical records regarding my injury.

Hello and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will be very pleased to assist you. I'm a practising lawyer in England with over 15 years’ experience. Please be aware that although I will endeavour to reply to you promptly, I am also in full time private practice and so I may not be available to respond immediately and it may also take me a few minutes to prepare a reply. The site will notify you as soon as I respond. I look forward to working with you to answer your question fully.

I am sorry to read of the above. May I clarify, your comment in relation to the company closing down. Does this imply that the company was a limited company and has now been wound up please?

do you have any further information available in respect of the above please?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Hi yes it was part of the job centre where they would send you on course's learn new skills, the day after my accident they mended all the pavements there were like brown crack's in them. It was written in the accident book they sent me to the hospital paid for a taxi.

thank you. As I think you are aware based on the way in which you ask a question, there is a limitation period associated with personal injury claims under the limitation act which requires you to bring a claim three years from the later of the date of the incident in question or the point at which you became aware of negligence of the other party against whom you wish to make a claim.

In this case, you will be aware of the circumstances of potential negligence of the other party at the time of the incident from what you say and as such, it is from that date which the limitation period is calculated.

As such, unfortunately if the incident took place more than three years ago and you have not yet issued proceedings in court, I cannot see that you would be able to issue proceedings at this point without falling foul of the above limitation period I regret

I hope the above is of some assistance but if you have any further questions, please revert to me.

I trust the above was of assistance and that you do not have any follow up questions for now. If there is anything else I can help with please reply back to me though.

I hope I was able to answer your question. If you would like to ask me another question in the future, you can add me as a favourite Expert. You'll have the option to do that on your "My Questions" page if you choose to rate our interaction or you can request me by name if you wish. Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer and see you again in the future I hope.