AlisonSolicitor
AlisonSolicitor,
Experience:  Expert
117702753

I have a question about renting as an international student,

Hello, I have a question about renting as an international student
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me where the property is located?
Customer: London
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Not yet, I've only paid the holding deposit and sourcing fee
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I have a question about guarantor, which documents has a person have to sign or register anywhere? And what other documents would my co-signer need?

Hello, my name is***** hope you are well today. I am a qualified Solicitor, and I will be able to help you by providing you with an answer to your question today. I specialize in UK and Irish Law. I am not always online but rest assured if I do not respond immediately, I will respond when I return.

Is there anything else you feel is relevant to your question or anything else you would like to add before we continue?

You will need to ask your guarantor to provide some documents including their identification, proof of homeownership if applicable, proof of address, and proof of income.

Your guarantor will also need to complete the rent guarantor application form and submit it along with the requirements I mentioned.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Can my guarantor be an international?

A rent guarantor needs to be a UK resident between the age of 18-75. Who is in and does not have a poor credit history.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Is there any particular amount a guarantor has to make a year or a month?

There is no specific amount that an individual needs to earn to be a guarantor. The amount relates directly to the loan in question or the rent on a property. For rental agreements, landlords usually expect the guarantor to have an annual income that is at least 4 times the monthly rent.

Thank you for your question on JustAnswer. We are always available to help and please do let me know if you have any other questions I can answer for you.