Patrick;Lawyer
Patrick;Lawyer,
Experience:  Expert
114275491

I have an important question. I have an online business and

Customer Question

Hello. I have an important question. I have an online business and I am running marketing campaigns using Facebook Ads. Yesterday, Facebook asked me to pay £7,250.35, otherwise my account will be disabled. But here is the problem. As per our signed agreement, which is called NET30, I have 30 days to pay the bill from the moment the bill has been issued. Are they breaking the agreement? I feel like a huge injustice is being made against me.
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: United Kingdom
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: None. I have contacted Facebook through email, they are giving me the same nonsense answer.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No.
Expert:  Patrick;Lawyer replied 19 days ago.

Hello there and thank you for choosing to use our service. I am an experienced litigation solicitor specialising in pragmatic risk management. I have worked in the law across multiple jurisdictions since 1999 including USA, Ireland and England and Wales where I gained most of my practical knowledge and experience over 16 plus years. My MO with Just Answer is to provide a clear answer to your question in an efficient way. Let’s strive to achieve this together by working in tandem with your questions. This is not an instant text function but I will answer your query directly over the next 24/48 hours. This is a collaborative and interactive service so please provide as much focused information as possible in order to optimise your experience and value obtained from our platform. Keep calm and focused as these are prerequisites in commencing any legal transaction or defending any legal action or early dispute. I will return to you as quickly as I can to provide my top level summary / RSVP, request for additional information and practical guidance ~ if appropriate. This answer will not constitute any client / attorney relationship but it is my firm intention to deliver a direct answer to your question. Regards

Did the request come from the facebook legal team and please outline their precise charges please.  Do you believe you have any liability here please?  Regards

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Hello Patrick. No, the request came from the billing team. The exact charge is £7,250.35. I owe this amount to Facebook indeed, but not today. My account has already been disabled. Their NET30 Agreement, clearly say that I have 30 days from the moment the bill is issued to pay it. The bill should have been issued on the 15th of June and to be paid on 15th of July. They are expecting me to pay the whole amount right now, to re-activate my account, which is wrong. This amount, as per the NET30 agreement, should be paid next month.
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
https://www.facebook.com/business/help/2086865811541431?id=160022731342707 Here is a quick link to get an idea of what the NET30 agreement is about.

It is important you stick to any binding contractual terms.  Keep everything in email correspondence as you will need a good audit trail here.  Do you have alternatives to this service and if it a case of needing time  - that should be achievable.  Will look at the link now.  Bear with me please.  Regards

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I have all my emails with their team, they keep replying with the same nonsense answer. I cannot speak on the phone right now, unfortunately.
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I don't have any alternative for my business at the moment. Facebook Ads are the only marketing option for my business at the moment. These being said, my activity is now paused completely.

We need to flush them out.  Are you corresponding with their Dublin office?  Regards

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
This is their last email, We appreciate your continued engagement with this case. And we apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. If you wish to contact our legal department, please direct all communications to "Meta Legal" at our main Dublin office address:Meta Ireland Ltd.
4 Grand Canal Square
Grand Canal Harbour
Dublin 2 Ireland
Yes, I believe that's their address.

Can you show me their last email communication please.  Will be back online later to close out.  Regards

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Sure, one second.

Are you content to pay the fee next month?  Regards

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
This is the first email. The rest will follow.
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
2nd
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
3rd
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
4th
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
5th
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
6th
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
7th
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
This is the full conversation I've had with their team on email.

Leave this with me.  That’s enough for now.  Hopefully your service is renewed again soon.  This is not a document review service so please give me a little time now.  Regards

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
No problem. I just sent some pictures with the emails I have changed with their team. That's all. Looking forward to hear from you soon.

Perfect - all understood.  Regards

Email them and say you are now suffering financial losses and will contemplate legal action if your service if now switched on again ASAP.  Repeat you will reconcile the account next month - put this in an email now.  Regards

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Will do it now, Thanks.

*is not switched on again asap (sorry for my typos)

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Yep, figured that out, no worries. Email sent.

Send another email in the morning but mark it formal complaint FAO Legal Department.  Regards

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Ok, Thanks so much.
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Do you mean to write in the subject line "Formal Complaint FAO Legal Department" ? Also, what the email should containt?

Yes you can do that tomorrow and also outline the exact nature of their contractual breach.  Regards

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Perfect. Thanks
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Good morning Patrick. Facebook just charged me (manually) £7,250.35. This amount should have been paid next month on the 15th of July, as per their NET30 agreement. I am desperate as that amount represents all the money I have in my bank account and I feel like they just made a huge injustice against me.

How did they manage to do that - can you contact your bank and advise they have gone for the money early.  when you state they took the money manually - how did they do this and how long have you been using this facebook ad service?  Regards

Expert:  Patrick;Lawyer replied 17 days ago.

Let’s keep a watching brief here by all means but equally you require closure and the ability to move on. Resolution is always best to achieve swiftly and without resorting to a formal court process if at all possible. Let me know your thoughts please when you are able. Regards

I would be happy to assist with any follow up, checking or clarification required here. We offer additional, customised services beyond this Q&A function if you wish to consider that option. I will close out with my final thoughts upon your response. Regards