How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TheLawLDN Your Own Question
TheLawLDN, Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 197
Experience:  Expert
Type Your Law Question Here...
TheLawLDN is online now

I am a landlord I rent my property in June 2020 and my

Customer Question

I am a landlord I rent my property in June 2020 and my tenant sha has informed all supplier , but I did not check it and she has not informed welsh water, due to my circumstances I did not have access to my mail for some period of time , .I Have been informed by credit any which there is default in my file and ask for supplier I paid them and asked to remove but they did not and they don't want to do it , is there any chance to remove . Thanks
JA: PayPal, Debitcard or credit card are all fine. Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: In cardiff
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I just spoken to supplier office
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: In 2022 I I spoke to their office and the lady her Dion she said OK i will remove it and called their office and they we can't find the record of your conversation
Submitted: 20 days ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  TheLawLDN replied 20 days ago.

Hello, I'm an adviser with JA and I will try to help you.

Please note the following:

  1. Do not provide personal information/data here. Please note that, under UK General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) ‘personal data’ means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person”.
  2. If you request a call, this can be either with me or with another expert that is available to pick your request.
  3. This service is intended for general information only, not advice, and does not include the examination of documents.
  4. JA does not provide legal representation and no client/lawyer relationship of any kind will be established.
  5. If you need (urgent) legal representation or advice, or answering your question requires the examination of documents and/or non-straightforward activity that falls outside the remit of this service, you should consider consulting a solicitor – and/or a barrister as the case may be – which you can look for at the following links:

Expert:  TheLawLDN replied 20 days ago.

Hello, I will try to assist with your query.

Expert:  TheLawLDN replied 20 days ago.

What was, during the period when the arrears accrued, the contractual/supply address for the account with Welsh Water?

Expert:  TheLawLDN replied 20 days ago.

Hello, can you please provide the clarifications requested?

Expert:  TheLawLDN replied 19 days ago.

In the lack of the clarifications requested, I will provide a general answer.

Expert:  TheLawLDN replied 19 days ago.

If the contract with the supplier remained in your name, you might be liable because, until the tenant does not change the account to their name, the initial account holder is liable,

If you had switched to paperless bills, not being able to log in to the online account would not be a "defence" as you should have found a way to check on your account.

If you had not gone paperless, you could have a defence if you can prove that they did not send bills/reminders to the contractual address. This could put you at least in a position to negotiate a reduction or a payment plan.

If you need advice, you could get in touch with Citizens Advice Bureau, which is free.

I hope this information is helpful and I wish you the best.

Please do not hesitate to contact JA again if you need help and you may ask to speak with me directly if you wish.