How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Solicitor4All Your Own Question
Solicitor4All, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 7845
Experience:  Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
Type Your Law Question Here...
Solicitor4All is online now

How can I help? I am after an affidavit for my name change,

This answer was rated:

Hi my name is*****: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: I am after an affidavit for my name change
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I am from Bolton
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Basically i am applying for Indian tourist visa for my daughter, but in my passport and her birth certificate -my surname is ***** ***** i need to submit the documents in Indian embassy they needvthe affidavit.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I havent done anything yet. My embassy appointment on the 28th June. According to the information from the embassy the affidavit attested by the notary too.
Good evening, welcome to just answer,

I am a solicitor and reviewing your question now for you.

You can’t have the affidavit done remotely. You need to attend a notary public and they would draft and notarise them affidavit for you: the council may have a notary too. Make sure you do not use a commissioner of oaths as that will not be accepted. Contact in the morning they can get you someone local. Or you can use the law society website where there is the find solicitor search facility and you can filter for notaries local to your post code.

Any follow up please do not hesitate to send your message. I am always glad to assist further should you opt to return to us.

Solicitor4All and other Law Specialists are ready to help you