Experience:  Qualified Solicitor
29905560

I was made to pay full amount for fence repair work, but the

Customer Question

I was made to pay full amount for fence repair work, but the work was not completed
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Northern ireland. Belfast
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: He did work on 30 th and 31st of may and made me to pay the agreed £ 1050 in full .But he didn't complete the work..Send so many texts,requesting to complete. Made Phone calls.First couple of times he said he would come back,which he never did. Now he is not answering the phone aiso
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: He did the same with our neighbour as well
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 19 days ago.
Hello, I’m Ben, a solicitor, and it’s my pleasure to assist you. I may ask for some preliminary information to help me determine the legal position.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 19 days ago.

I see you have already mentioned that you want to know about a job you had paid for. Is there anything more specific that you would like to know about it? I also wanted to make you aware that this is not always an instant service, due to various legal engagements I could have and I may not be able to reply immediately. However, rest assured that I am dealing with your query and will get back to you as soon as I can. Thanks.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I would like to know if there is anyway we could get that money refunded ,please
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 19 days ago.

Thank you. Do you have the trader’s details if needed, such as name and address?

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Only first name. James***********
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 19 days ago.

You don't have an address for him?

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 18 days ago.

Without the requested information, I can only provide you with some general information on this topic. Hopefully, it will still be useful to you. First of all, I am sorry to hear about the issues brought up by this. It must be a frustrating situation to be going through.

Whilst you can consider taking this further and pursue the person for the money you paid them, you will need their name and address to issue a claim in the Small Claims Court. If you do not have these, a claim cannot be submitted so you will need to try and find a way to get these.

Once you hopefully have them, you can consider a claim. See here for further details:

https://www.nidirect.gov.uk/articles/small-claims-process

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 18 days ago.

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 18 days ago.

I trust that everything has now been dealt with to your satisfaction and your original question has been resolved. If you have any further queries about it, please do not hesitate to get back to me on here. In the meantime, I wish you all the best.