Patrick;Lawyer
Patrick;Lawyer,
Experience:  Expert
114275491

I have a question about Viagogo... England, None, I listed a

Customer Question

Hi, I have a question about Viagogo...
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: England
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: None
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I listed a ticket back on the 12.8.2021 for a festival. I was due to go with friends but the festival was cancelled and we were offered a refund, or entry to the 2022 event instead. I wanted to resell the ticket for 2022 and so listed it, however collectively my friends decided to just get a refund, so we did. I'm all honesty, I then completely forgot I had listed the ticket and only yesterday, 10 months later, I have received an email from viagogo advising me that my ticket had been sold and I had to confirm the sale, or they will charge me 100% of the ticket value (approx £90) or however much it will cost them to find a replacement for the buyer. I have received jo communication whatsoever from Viagog since the 12th August either. I understand I likely agreed to some sort of T&Cs, but this doesn't seem justified, as essentially they will get money from me, and money again from the buyer!?
Expert:  Patrick;Lawyer replied 19 days ago.

Hello there and thank you for choosing to use our service. I am an experienced litigation solicitor specialising in pragmatic risk management. I have worked in the law across multiple jurisdictions since 1999 including USA, Ireland and England and Wales where I gained most of my practical knowledge and experience over 16 plus years. My MO with Just Answer is to provide a clear answer to your question in an efficient way. Let’s strive to achieve this together by working in tandem with your questions. This is not an instant text function but I will answer your query directly over the next 24/48 hours. This is a collaborative and interactive service so please provide as much focused information as possible in order to optimise your experience and value obtained from our platform. Keep calm and focused as these are prerequisites in commencing any legal transaction or defending any legal action or early dispute. I will return to you as quickly as I can to provide my top level summary / RSVP, request for additional information and practical guidance ~ if appropriate. This answer will not constitute any client / attorney relationship but it is my firm intention to deliver a direct answer to your question. Regards

You will be bound by contract but secondary selling sites have their own unique features so I would certainly get a concise version of your position sent to their customer service team  / complaints department and outline your query and see what they say.  Will close out my answer later or AM.  Regards

I would be happy to assist with any follow up, checking or clarification required here. We offer additional, customised services beyond this Q&A function if you wish to consider that option. I will close out with my final thoughts upon your response. Regards

Expert:  Patrick;Lawyer replied 17 days ago.

Let’s keep a watching brief here by all means but equally you require closure and the ability to move on. Resolution is always best to achieve swiftly and without resorting to a formal court process if at all possible. Let me know your thoughts please when you are able. Regards