james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
90006247

I am on police bail, communication with a minor, It

Customer Question

I am on police bail
JA: What are the exact charges?
Customer: Sexual communication with a minor
JA: Where are you located? Bail bond laws vary by location.
Customer: It Lewisham
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No
Expert:  james bruce replied 19 days ago.
Hello, I hope you are well. My name is***** am a solicitor advocate and  I will be assisting you with your question today. I am very sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing and I will do my best to help you with this matter.
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I need to know no do the police only let you out on bail if they don't have enough evidence because they have not charged me yet I've got to go back next month
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I am just so worried

When police arrest someone, once the person has been interviewed then depending on th offence, the person can be cautioned and released, released no further act, charged with an offence, or as in your case released on police bail to re-attend at a latter time.

Being released on police bail, does not mean they have a lack of evidence. It simply means that they have not finished their investigation. Further enquires may need to be made, other people to be interviewed, the alleged victim to be interviewed or reinterviewed, phones, computers etc to be seized and forensically examined. Advice to be sought form the Crown prosecution service as to whether to charge an if so with what offence.

When you answer bail they may well interview you again.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Will I go to jail

I cannot say. It would depend on the charge if one tis brought, then the seriousness of the offence and if your are convicted.

Can I assist or clarify anything further?

Thank you for using Just Answer and for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry. I am pleased I was able to be of assistance. Please do not hesitate to come back to me for further advice on this or any other legal matter. It will be my pleasure to be able to assist you again.