How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ReadyLaw Your Own Question
ReadyLaw, Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4689
Experience:  Bar Professional Training Course
Type Your Law Question Here...
ReadyLaw is online now

Can I sue my landlord for threatening to cut of my internet

Customer Question

can I sue my landlord for threatening to cut of my internet services and access car parking facilities for non payment of rent?
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: London
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: nothing. I paid the rent as I feared internet being disconnected and access to car park being restricted as my wife is pregnant
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: ni no
Submitted: 17 days ago.
Category: Law
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
please just write to me as normal, I clicked the live call button accidentally
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 17 days ago.
Hi welcome to Justanswer
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 17 days ago.

I amCustomerone of the legal experts here. My goal is to provide you with the best experience possible and answer any questions which you may have about your current situation.

Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 17 days ago.

I may not respond immediately, this is because I may need some time to read what you shared above, type and respond to you.

Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 17 days ago.

If there is anything else you need, please let me know before I respond?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
no that's it
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 17 days ago.

Thanks for your patience and enquiry. Unfortunately you cannot sue for him threatening to do so.
You may however sue if he were to have done this.

Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 17 days ago.

The landlord cannot interfere with your quiet enjoyment of the property. If therefore the landlord were to take any action that interferes with your use of the property then you may sue for this. As it stands now, you unfortunately would not be able to claim.

Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 17 days ago.

Can I clarify anything for you? I hope I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.