ReadyLaw
ReadyLaw, Lawyer
Experience:  Bar Professional Training Course
104128041

I’ve received a general directions order today, Sheffield,

Customer Question

Hi Jim
JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: I’ve received a general directions order today
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Sheffield, United Kingdom
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I’ve got a consent order from the claimant, Sent it to the court and paid my £100 fee
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Today I got back a general directions letter, can I provide a copy?
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
File attached (G3VQSV4)
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Can I come back tomorrow instead please as it’s 2am here
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 19 days ago.
Hi welcome to justanswer
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 19 days ago.
I amCustomerone of the legal experts here. My goal is to provide you with the best experience possible and answer any questions which you may have about your current situation.
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Hi there
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 19 days ago.
I may not respond immediately, this is because I may need some time to read what you shared above, type and respond to you.
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 19 days ago.
If there is anything else you need, please let me know before I respond?
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Is there possibility I can do thistomorow instead now? As it’s 2:00am here
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Just a refund please. As I ordered 25 minutes order and it said 8. I’ll come back tomorrow. Thanks
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 19 days ago.

That is fine we can speak some more in the morning. Just send me a message and I will be notified. I have noted though that this seems to suggest that the consent order has been granted in terms of what was filed in the annexed document. This would conclude matters unless you or the other party applies to have it set aside.

Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 19 days ago.

Can I clarify anything for you? I hope I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
oh no problem, apologises i didnt see your response.
good morning
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
i have spare time now to talk, please can you advise what you mean? i'll explain the situation i hope it helps.I received a ccj from non the knowledge during lockdown due to a private car park. I paid majority of the payment initally and thought it would go away, as they just added further costs ( during a fine stage ) i then paid the additional fee at a later date so letters would stop coming through my letter box, myself non the wiser this was too late.
upon finding out about my CCJ on my record, i contacted the claimaiant who provided a consent form, i'll attach this. I have sent this to the court, paid a fee of £105.00 or so, and the response i have recieved is the attached from last night, i hope this makes sense?
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
File attached (71MM7VG)
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
What do you mean by " I have noted though that this seems to suggest that the consent order has been granted in terms of what was filed in the annexed document. This would conclude matters unless you or the other party applies to have it set aside. "
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
i thought this is what the consent form did, with the payment, was applying to the court the reasons why it should be set aside? please advise
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 19 days ago.

You have attached two different documents which are saying two different things. My initial response to you was in line with the document you attached first. The second document is saying that the judgement that was entered has been set aside because you did not receive the document. As it is, there are no CCJs against you. If the claimant wishes to proceed they would have to recommence the claim.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
thats right, they are related. I have a consent form from the claimaint which i signed and sent to the court, yesterday i received the 1st form i sent you.
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
i've called the court this morning, they've advised the judge has agreed to set my CCJ aside and will take 3-4 weeks for them to inform the register.
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 19 days ago.

The second document is saying that the case against you has ended. The CCJ was set aside.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
thank you for your help :) i thought it was telling me the opersite!
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 19 days ago.
That’s fine, I understand. The claim has been dismissed.