How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Anthony Chendo Your Own Question
Anthony Chendo
Anthony Chendo,
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 3586
Experience:  Solicitor at BLM
Type Your Law Question Here...
Anthony Chendo is online now

My mother has had a notice of intend to prosecute. Speeding

Customer Question

My mother has had a notice of intend to prosecute. Speeding of 72mph in a 40mph zone. Just wondering what's the consequences? Thanks.
JA: Where is she? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Wales
JA: What steps has she taken so far?
Customer: Only received a nip to nominated who was driving
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I was the one driving on a provisional
Submitted: 19 days ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Anthony Chendo replied 19 days ago.

Welcome to JA.

I am sorry to hear about your situation.

Please note that this is not a chat service therefore you may experience delays.

When did the offence occur and when did was the NIP received?

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
02/06/2022 the offence ant the letter was 10/06/2022
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Also said it was a 40mp zone, but Google the road and said it was a 50mph road
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
it wasn't signed by chief constable
Expert:  Anthony Chendo replied 19 days ago.

Thanks for the further information.

I will review and report back to you today.

You will receive an email when I have sent a response.


Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Thanks for the help
Expert:  Anthony Chendo replied 19 days ago.

Thanks for your patience.

The possible consequences is between 4-6 points on your license or disqualification from driving up to 56 days. Further you could be fined  which is calculated as a percentage of your weekly wage and capped based on how far above the speed limit you were driving.

The local council can assist you on the accurate speed limit on the road given the discrepancy of the speed limit that was applicable at the time. Therefore contact them to ascertain this information as this appears crucial since the higher above the speed limit you are the greater the chance you will receive more severe punishment.

I hope i have clarified the position.


Expert:  Anthony Chendo replied 19 days ago.

Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer, please let me know if you need me to clarify the answer given. Thanks and stay safe

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
clarify please
Expert:  Anthony Chendo replied 14 days ago.