How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Solicitor4All Your Own Question
Solicitor4All, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 7838
Experience:  Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
Type Your Law Question Here...
Solicitor4All is online now

Can you please recommend me a lawyer /service to write a

Customer Question

Hi, can you please recommend me a lawyer /service to write a contract for a pharma (allograft) product to be distributed in the UK? I should have a skeleton and I will instruct the details later on but if you can give me a quote it will be great! Thank you!
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Solicitor4All replied 18 days ago.

Good afternoon  there, how do you do? 

Expert:  Solicitor4All replied 18 days ago.

 I am SolicitorAll a law Expert with over 15 years in practice. It is my pleasure to assist you today. Thank you for the inquiry

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
I have Orthopaedics products mainly in Allograft and Derma area (fully FCA approved and long term seller in the USA) and I want to distribute in the UK. Can you please give me a step by step guide of what do I need to do from legal perspectives? Thank you!
Expert:  Solicitor4All replied 18 days ago.

Will you be establishing yourself in the uK to do the distribution or you are looking to supply to retailers in the UK but from overseas? Are you concerned what regulatory constraints are there and any licensing requirements or the format of the agreements you will need with retailers/distributors of the products

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
I need advise on both. 1) Licensing - like you said 2) contract with both exporter (manufacturers) and Uk retailers. 3) Contracts with other existing UK distributors too as they already have sales channels.
Expert:  Solicitor4All replied 18 days ago.

Thanks for the brief,Please leave it with me for now, I will respond once done rest assured this evening.Thank you

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Thanks so much.
Expert:  Solicitor4All replied 18 days ago.
Thank you for your patience, I have asked the customer support to send you their offer, In the interim licence you will need to apply for will depend on your actual role. If manufacturing the products you will need a manufacturer’s licence; if they are manufactured by others and you are just the conduit to import them into the uk you get importers’ licence; if you are going to be a wholesaler or distributor you get the respective licences. The companies that you will be contracting with in the uk Will have their own licences already 

The Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency ( MHRA) is responsible for issuing these wholesaler/ distributor/ importer and manufacturer licences. As a minimum to qualify for a manufacturer licence you need to show the MHRA that you comply with EU good manufacturing practice (GMP) and pass regular GMP inspections of your site. For wholesale dealer licence you must comply with good distribution practice (GDP) and pass regular GDP inspections of your site.

The mhra are very helpful should you get stuck. You can contact by email or by phone.

For your drafting you have a number of contracts you are looking to do, if you let me know which one you want help with most ( I would say distribution contract will be important if you are looking to grow via other business) and a quote will be sent for that,

Expert:  Solicitor4All replied 18 days ago.

Any follow up please do not hesitate to send your message. Always glad to clarify and to assist on anything. All the best