AlisonSolicitor
AlisonSolicitor,
Experience:  Expert
117702753

I am a British citizen going to marry a Turkish citizen in

Customer Question

I am a British citizen going to marry a Turkish citizen in Turkey. I understand if the marriage is registered with the English embassy in Turkey the marriage will be recognised here in England. If I should die before my husband, who resides in Turkey. Would he be entitled to receive my state pension
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this? In which country do you live? If different, which country is your legal question related to?
Customer: No I have not spoken to a lawyer. I reside in England for work have a home here and a home in Turkey
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Non just making enquires
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Not
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  AlisonSolicitor replied 19 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** hope you are well today. I am a qualified Solicitor, and I will be able to help you by providing you with an answer to your question today. I specialise in UK and Irish Law. I am not always online but rest assured if I do not respond immediately I will respond when I return.

Is there anything else you feel is relevant to your question or anything else you would like to add before we continue?

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
No

Would your future husband be interested to apply for British citizenship after your marriage?

The new state pension, which started in April 2016, is based on an individual’s national insurance history over their working life, so a spouse cannot inherit the pension because it is not related to them.

It is, however, possible your future husband will inherit something if you built up entitlements under the old system – although this will depend on your personal circumstances.  For example, if you built up 'additional state pension' rights before 2016 your future husband may be entitled to a portion of this.

Is there anything else I can help with today?

Expert:  AlisonSolicitor replied 18 days ago.

Thank you for your question on JustAnswer. We are always available to help and please do let me know if you have any other questions I can answer for you.