Experience:  Qualified Solicitor
29905560

I do have an ongoing issue with safestyle after they have

Customer Question

Hi, I do have an ongoing issue with safestyle after they have fitted my windows and door. They owe me 2 refunds from over 2 mounts now and also I have had property damage. I have chased it up multiple times and nobody is doing anything.
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Doncaster
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Rung them like 50 times now There are saying they will escalate and pass to another team but nobody is ringing
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: This is the main query
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 19 days ago.
Hello, I’m Ben, a solicitor, and it’s my pleasure to assist you. I may ask for some preliminary information to help me determine the legal position.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 19 days ago.

I am sorry to learn of the difficulty you have been experiencing with this company Safestyle. Please provide me with some more details of the circumstances that have led to this situation so that I can better understand and assist you with your query.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Hi Ben, thank you. The instalation date was 20th of April. I am due 2 refunds: one for the the door price match as they have changed it into a cheaper one and the 2nd for the scaffolding. That should be overr £500 only. They have snt over a cheque of 300 with no explanation. I have chased it multiple times bot nobody is doing anithing. Also they have broken the roof on my garage and it is raining inside
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 19 days ago.

Thank you and why are you owed money for scaffolding? Did they not require it?

I should also make you aware that this is not always an instant service, due to various legal engagements I could have and I may not be able to reply immediately. However, rest assured that I will be dealing with your query and will get back to you as soon as I can. Thanks.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I have been told to pay for 5 windows £899 but only needed the scaffolding for 2 of them..
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 19 days ago.

OK I understand and thank you for providing this information. Please do not worry and leave it with me for now. I will get back to you with my full reply on here; usually the same day and the system will notify you when this happens.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Thank you Ben
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 19 days ago.

Many thanks for your patience, it is appreciated. I am now pleased to be able to provide further assistance with your query. First of all, I am sorry to hear about the issues brought up by this. It must be a frustrating situation to be going through.

If you have tried to resolve the matter with them, yet they are not taking any steps to do so, you may have to consider taking this further legally to try and seek the required compensation from them.

If a party wishes to pursue another for financial compensation arising out of a dispute between them, they can potentially do so by making a court claim. However, as legal action should only be used as a last resort, there are certain steps that should be taken initially to try and resolve this matter informally and without the need to involve the courts. It is therefore recommended that the following steps are taken in order to try and resolve this:

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 19 days ago.

1. Reminder letter – if no informal reminders have been sent yet, one should be sent first to allow the other party to voluntarily settle this matter.

2. Letter before action – if informal reminders have been sent but have been ignored, the other party must be sent a formal ‘letter before action’ asking them to resolve this amicably within a specified period of time – 14 days is reasonable. They should be advised that if they fail to make contact to resolve this matter, formal legal proceedings will be commenced to pursue them for compensation. This letter serves as a ‘final warning’ and gives the other side the opportunity to resolve this without the need for legal action. There are numerous templates available online for such letters and a simple search will bring up a list of useful results.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 19 days ago.

3. If the letter before action is also ignored, formal legal proceedings can be initiated. A claim can be commenced online by going to https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk/web/mcol/welcome. There will be a fee payable, which depends on the amount that is claimed. The other side will eventually get a copy of the claim and they will have a limited time to answer it. They could accept it and pay what is owed, they could accept it only in part and defend the rest, or they could outright reject it. They could also completely ignore it, in which case judgment will eventually be entered automatically against them. Also, it is worth noting that the simple act of submitting a claim could show the other side that this is being taken seriously and prompt them to consider negotiating a potential solution to stop the claim progressing further, such as offering full or partial payment of the amount sought in the claim.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 19 days ago.

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 18 days ago.

I trust that everything has now been dealt with to your satisfaction and your original question has been resolved. If you have any further queries about it, please do not hesitate to get back to me on here. In the meantime, I wish you all the best.