ReadyLaw
ReadyLaw, Lawyer
Experience:  Bar Professional Training Course
104128041

I have been charged with an offence, i just want to know

Customer Question

I have been charged with an offence, i just want to know what kind of sentance i could be looking at.. its a section5 .. racially agravated alarm and distress, by words/ writing?
JA: What are the exact charges? Is this a first-time offense?
Customer: Racialy/religously agravated harassment/alarm/distress by words/ writing….
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this aggravated harassment case?
Customer: no.. i will represent myself
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no ūüĎć
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 17 days ago.
Hi welcome to justanswer
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 17 days ago.
I amCustomerone of the legal experts here. My goal is to provide you with the best experience possible and answer any questions which you may have about your current situation.
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 17 days ago.
I may not respond immediately, this is because I may need some time to read what you shared above, type and respond to you.
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 17 days ago.
If there is anything else you need, please let me know before I respond?
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Ok
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Basicaly i got into an arguement on a train with 3/4 lads. I was on my own the arguement got a little bit heated and i have been accused of calling them a English c***. Im from wales
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 17 days ago.

The sentence ranges from a community order, fine up to a maximum of 2 years in prison. If this is your first offence and you accept responsibility and show some amount of remorse then it is likely tha5byou would get a non custodial sentence.

Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 17 days ago.

In most cases a community order is imposed.

Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 17 days ago.

Can I clarify anything for you? I hope I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I 2015 i got a 2 year sentence, suspended for 18 months for a similar incident but of a more serious nature.
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
7 years ago.. i got a lot of community service a fine and probation courses… for this offence.. i have not been arrested, the police came to my house and asked me to go for a voluntary interview which i did.. and then 2 months later i get a letter to gonto court..
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
They only had one statement
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 17 days ago.

You could therefore have a similar type sentence, that is a suspended sentence or some time in prison.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Im really
Remorsefull about it all, im ashamed ive got caught up in this again. I have stopped using trains and have cut down drinking beer. I have a full time job, 2 kids aged 13/16. And a grand child on the way. I would be devastated to losse everything over it.
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 17 days ago.

These are all issues you could raise to the court in mitigation for it to consider in deciding what sentence to impose.