How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Joshua Your Own Question
Joshua, Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32231
Experience:  LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Joshua is online now

Am appealing a county court hearing and i would like legal

Customer Question

hi am appealing a county court hearing and i would like legal representation a appeal can you help
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: wirral ch497lr
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: i brought a claim against the council and was awarded compensation in december2021 r the council did not turn up.when i applied for the moneuy they have had the payment set aside the said they di not receive any notes which i can poorovee they did
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no
Submitted: 19 days ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Joshua replied 19 days ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will be very pleased to assist you. I'm a practising lawyer in England with over 15 years’ experience. Please be aware that although I will endeavour to reply to you promptly, I am also in full time private practice and so I may not be available to respond immediately and it may also take me a few minutes to prepare a reply. The site will notify you as soon as I respond. I look forward to working with you to answer your question fully.

Expert:  Joshua replied 19 days ago.

  1. May I confirm the approximate amount you are claiming from the local authority please?
  2. In very outline terms, what is the basis of your claim?

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Could I please cancel my joining fee to complicated
Expert:  Joshua replied 19 days ago.

I am very sorry to read of the above. Unfortunately as I do not work directly for Justanswer I am not given any access to your account and therefore cannot see what you have been charged nor help with any billing enquiries. However customer services will be more than happy to assist you with the same. They can be contacted in a variety of ways including telephone, email and chat via the below link or on 0808(###) ###-#### There are also self-service options regarding your membership available from the same below link:

Expert:  Joshua replied 18 days ago.

Do you have any further information available in respect of the above please?

Expert:  Joshua replied 17 days ago.

If you have no further information on the above I will be happy to provide a general answer

Expert:  Joshua replied 16 days ago.
With your permission I will provide a full response in the morning
Expert:  Joshua replied 16 days ago.

I'm following up on the above. Without some further information from you as above, I am limited in what I can say on the matter but in the hope it is helpful nonetheless, I will provide you with the following broad answer. If you are able to kindly provide me with the above further information or if you have any further questions generally, I will be delighted to expand on the following - please just reply back to me in this case:

Notwithstanding the above, in general terms generally, an appeal must be brought within 21 days of the date of judgement or the appeal may be out of time.

Depending upon whether the claim was brought in the Small Claims Court or in another track of the County Court, the appeals form you would need to use would differ.

If the claim was brought in the County court small claims track, then the appeal must be made using the following form:

By contrast, if the claim was brought in another track of the County Court, then the following form would need to be used to bring an appeal:

Expert:  Joshua replied 15 days ago.
I hope the above is of some assistance but if you have any further questions, please revert to me.
Expert:  Joshua replied 15 days ago.

I trust the above was of assistance and that you do not have any follow up questions for now. If there is anything else I can help with please reply back to me though.

Expert:  Joshua replied 14 days ago.
I hope I was able to answer your question. If you would like to ask me another question in the future, you can add me as a favourite Expert. You'll have the option to do that on your "My Questions" page if you choose to rate our interaction or you can request me by name if you wish. Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer and see you again in the future I hope.