MARTINT330
MARTINT330,
Experience:  Expert
112154245

I have been issued a Charge for Payment of Money and it

Customer Question

I have been issued a Charge for Payment of Money and it seems a decree was granted against me, even though the original decree was sent to an address I don't live at, and also wasnt received our signed for. (I know that because the other apartment is one I rent out, but it's been empty since January
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Glasgow
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: None, I've just received this
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Are you in Scotland?
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Ps, I'm in Glasgow, in Scotland
Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 18 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** hope you are well today. I am a qualified Solicitor, and I will be able to help you by providing you with an answer to your question today. I specialise in UK and Irish Law. I am not always online but rest assured if I do not respond immediately I will respond when I return.

Is there anything else you feel is relevant to your question or anything else you would like to add before we continue?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Don't I need a specialist in scots law?

Generally yes, If you don't owe them money, or you don't agree about how much you owe, you might need evidence to support your position. You might need the help of a specialist adviser to do this.

If you don't think the landlord has followed the correct procedure to make you pay a debt, you must get advice from a specialist money adviser about how to challenge the actions of the landlord.

Is there anything else I can help with today?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Your advice is might need advice?
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Ps.. What do you mean landlord? There's no landlords involved. The circumstances I've been issued a decree against me and the decree as was sent to an address I don't live at. That's the first point, they've done this because they know I don't know the money
Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 17 days ago.
Do you have the documents received to hand. If so can you send those across as attachments?
Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 15 days ago.

I am afraid I am unable to advise further without sight of the documents. Please provide copies and I am happy to guide.

Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 14 days ago.

Thank you for your question on JustAnswer. We are always available to help and please do let me know if you have any other questions I can answer for you.