MARTINT330
MARTINT330,
Experience:  Expert
112154245

Can I get a full refund if a company was not able to keep to

Customer Question

Can I get a full refund if a company was not able to keep to the original date to do a job?
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Wembley, London
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I have emailed the company
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: According to their T&C I would lose a great deal of my deposit
Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 16 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** hope you are well today. I am a qualified Solicitor, and I will be able to help you by providing you with an answer to your question today. I specialise in UK and Irish Law. I am not always online but rest assured if I do not respond immediately I will respond when I return.

Is there anything else you feel is relevant to your question or anything else you would like to add before we continue?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I paid a large deposit to a company for replacement windows and I was given a date and after the survey I was given another date which was not suitable for me as I had a holiday booked. I had no option but to cancel and according to their T&C I will lose a lot of money.
Generally yes, the Consumer Rights Act 2015 and the Consumer Contracts Regulations are the two pieces of legislation that set refund rights for consumers. The main points and rights conferred include: You’re entitled to ask for a refund or price reduction after one failed attempt. Also, you should provide some protection if a company attempts to hold you responsible.

Is there anything else I can help with today?

Thank you for your question on JustAnswer. We are always available to help and please do let me know if you have any other questions I can answer for you.