TheLawLDN
TheLawLDN, Lawyer
Experience:  Expert
116381621

I have cuestión? How can I get fund transfer clearance

Customer Question

I have cuestión? How can I get fund transfer clearance certificate?
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I am in usa. But my money is in unity trust bank uk
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I have only paid to open the account and the taxes to be able to transfer the funds . But now they tell me that I have to present the document to the metropolitan police
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No that’ s all
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 18 days ago.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
I will wait for an answer
Expert:  TheLawLDN replied 18 days ago.

Hello, I'm an adviser with JA and I will try to help you.

Please note the following:

1. Do not provide personal information/data here. Please note that, under UK General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) ‘personal data’ means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person”.
  2. If you request a call, this can be either with me or with another expert that is available to pick your request.
  3. This service is intended for general information only, not advice, and does not include the examination of documents.
  4. JA does not provide legal representation and no client/lawyer relationship of any kind will be established.
  5. If you need (urgent) legal representation or advice, or answering your question requires the examination of documents and/or non-straightforward activity that falls outside the remit of this service, you should consider consulting a solicitor – and/or a barrister as the case may be – which you can look for at the following links:

https://solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk/

https://www.barcouncil.org.uk/find-a-barrister.html

Expert:  TheLawLDN replied 18 days ago.

Hello, I will try to assist with your query.

Expert:  TheLawLDN replied 18 days ago.

Could you please elaborate on your circumstances and the request you say you received?

Expert:  TheLawLDN replied 18 days ago.

You say that the money to be transferred is in Unity Trust Bank UK and that - I quote - "I have only paid to open the account and the taxes to be able to transfer the funds." The account you say you opened is the one with Unity Trust Bank or an account in the USA?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
i open account in unity trust bank
Expert:  TheLawLDN replied 18 days ago.

And from whom were you asked for this "certificate" and told that it was for the Metropolitan Police?

Expert:  TheLawLDN replied 17 days ago.

Hello?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
They asked the unity bank . And the said the by presenting that document they will release the funds to carry out transactions
Expert:  TheLawLDN replied 17 days ago.

Have you already deposited money into this account?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Expert:  TheLawLDN replied 17 days ago.

How were you requested this certificate? A letter?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
They sent me messages asking for the paper . They say they can provide me whit the paper but they are charging me an excessive amount
Expert:  TheLawLDN replied 17 days ago.

It looks like you could be scammed.

Were these text messages?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
they were by whatapp. I can send you the message that the bank sent me so that you can understand a little better
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Attention: Mr. José Manuel Vázquez,After a meeting held today with the Deputy Director of National Crime Agency (NCA) in regards ***** ***** the document demanded by the Metropolitan Police Online Fraud Department, we are further convinced that this is the only document you need to provide to enable all the restrictions levied on your Non Resident Gold Checking Online Bank Account removed without any further delay.Note: it will cost $26,800.00 to obtain the Fund Transfer Clearance Certificate from the National Crime Agency (NCA). There are several reasons that a Stop Payment Order may be issued. For example, tax evasion, theft, fraud, bribery, corruption, smuggling, modern slavery, human trafficking, drug trafficking, money laundering and illegal arms sales.The hold Order placed on your Non Resident Gold Checking Online Bank Account will be absolutely removed once you provide the Metropolitan Police UK with the Clearance documents from the National Crime Agency (NCA). Upon presentation of the above mentioned document, Unity Trust bank has every power to transfer your funds into any bank account of your choice without any further delay as all the restrictions levied on your Non Resident Gold Checking Online Bank Account will be automatically removed.We officially assure you that presenting the Clearance documents from the National Crime Agency (NCA) to the Metropolitan Police Online Fraud Department UK is the final stage to the immediate release of your deposited funds. As a matter of urgency, we request that you make the payment within 14 working days to enable us to get your Non Resident Gold Checking Online Bank Account functional and active for successful transactions. Thank you for choosing Unity Trust Bank.Sincerely yours
Donald Grill Usman,
Expert:  TheLawLDN replied 17 days ago.

Banks do not use whatsapp instant messaging as it is not a secure way to communicate.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
that was what the bank sent me
Expert:  TheLawLDN replied 17 days ago.

I am pretty sure this is not from the bank and that you are being scammed (already on the bank's website there is mention of phishing scams: https://www.unity.co.uk/).

You should absolutely not do anything you are asked in the whatsapp message that you posted here, and report the facts without delay to the Anti Fraud Department of the Bank and - if you are happy to do so - also to the FCA.

Contact the bank over the phone, explain that you want to contact the Ant Fraud because you think you are being scammed in relation to your account with them and ask them to provide you with a secure email address to write to.

I hope this information is helpful and I wish you the best.

Please do not hesitate to contact JA again if you need help and you may ask to speak with me directly if you wish.

Regards.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
How can I contact you directly? Could you help me with this case? Why did they ask me before for money to deposit my account and for taxes and did I send it to them? Do you think that if it is fraud I can get my money back?
Expert:  TheLawLDN replied 17 days ago.
Hello, unfortunately JA does not provide legal representation.

Also, I am not saying that I think that the bank is scamming you.

I suspect that a third party is doing it, and what I said is that on the bank's website there is mention of phishing scammers targeting customers, so the bank is aware f issues.

If you need professional advice on this matter, you should speak with a solicitor.

You may find one browsing the website of the Law Society (link in the disclaimer above).

Regards.