MARTINT330
MARTINT330,
Experience:  Expert
112154245

Is there anything possible to do after the appeal to

Customer Question

JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: Is there anything possible to do after the appeal to secondary school was unsuccessful?
JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Hove East Sussex
JA: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: We didn't get the school we wanted, then made an appeal, had hearing and today found out the appeal was unsuccessful
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I don't know what's that anything else
Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 16 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** hope you are well today. I am a qualified Solicitor, and I will be able to help you by providing you with an answer to your question today. I specialise in UK and Irish Law. I am not always online but rest assured if I do not respond immediately I will respond when I return.

Is there anything else you feel is relevant to your question or anything else you would like to add before we continue?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
No

Generally, The admission authority for the school must allow you at least 20 school days to appeal from when they send the decision letter.

The admission authority will set a deadline for submitting information and evidence to support your appeal. If you submit anything after the deadline, it might not be considered and may result in delays in your hearing.

Furthermore, The panel must be independent and must follow the school admission appeals code.

1. The admission authority will explain why they turned down your application.

2. You’ll be able to give your own reasons why your child should be admitted.

3. The appeals panel must decide if the school’s admission criteria were properly followed and comply with the school admissions code.

4. If the criteria were not properly followed or do not comply with the school admissions code your appeal must be upheld.

5. If your reasons for your child to be admitted outweigh the school’s reasons for not admitting any more children at all, your appeal will be upheld.

6. You will usually be sent the decision within 5 school days.

Is there anything else I can help with today?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
we appealed already and it was unsuccessful, I am just waiting the letter with the details our appeal been declined. But is there anything else possible to do after it?
Can you send me a copy of the letter when received?

Successful school appeals can be approved in two circumstances: 1) When a school has applied its admissions procedures incorrectly or 2) When the harm done to your child by not getting a place there will be greater than that caused to all the other children by overcrowding.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Absolutely yes, how can I send it?
That exactly what I was going to do on Monday, get the appointment with GP as my daughters mental health is really affected.
Honestly, we are the only ones who didn't get the place in that school, we live in the same area as others and meet the same criteria, the only thing is,we been fair and added 2 extra schools while all the rest made the application to 1 school only without adding additional ones. I am happy to go ahead if there's any chance to win.
Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 13 days ago.

You’ll be sent a letter with the decision about your child’s school. If your child is refused a place, you can appeal against the decision. The letter will tell you how.

You must appeal against each rejection separately. You can only appeal once against each rejection.

Please let me know if you would like details on how to locate a local solicitor to you who can accept formal instructions to act on your behalf  

Thank you for your question on JustAnswer. We are always available to help and please do let me know if you have any other questions I can answer for you.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
we appealed already and it was rejected, just waiting for the letter about rejection. Yes please, can I have a details about local solicitors, thank you

To find a local solicitor within your area, you may visit the website: https://www.lawsociety.ie/Find-a-Solicitor/Solicitor-Firm-Search

In the website above, there is a drop-down menu for "Your Legal Issue". You can also input your postcode, town, or city, so you can locate a solicitor near your area.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Hello, why I have been scammed and charged £50 while on the screen for your answer been showed £5???
Expert:  MARTINT330 replied 8 days ago.

Hi. Unfortunately, we don't have access to customer billings. However, if you'd like to ask for a refund, please contact customer services directly: https://www.justanswer.co.uk/help/contact-us