How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask MARTINT330 Your Own Question
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2067
Experience:  Expert
Type Your Law Question Here...
MARTINT330 is online now

Want to ask if i can extend my visa here in husband

This answer was rated:

Hi want to ask if i can extend my visa here in husband has an medical the moment he’s at the hospital here in UK.but he is a british citizen
JA: Just to clarify, which visa specifically are you asking about?
Customer: my visa at the moment is like a tourist visa
JA: Have you already talked to a lawyer about the visa?
Customer: Nope
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: well,i have my daughter with me tha we are same tourist visa she is 10yrs old

Hello, my name is***** hope you are well today. I am a qualified Solicitor, and I will be able to help you by providing you with an answer to your question today. I specialise in UK and Irish Law. I am not always online but rest assured if I do not respond immediately I will respond when I return.

Is there anything else you feel is relevant to your question or anything else you would like to add before we continue?

Generally yes, You may be able to extend your stay if you have permission to be in the UK for less than 6 months. You can extend your stay up to a total of 6 months.

You can only apply to stay in the UK for longer than 6 months if the patient receives medical treatment.

You must apply to extend your stay and pay the £1000 fee regardless of your nationality. You need to apply while you’re still in the UK and before your current visa or permission expires.

Is there anything else I can help with today?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hello,have a good day my name is ***** ***** here at england uk with my husband is a british citizen .we arrived here last May 25 but my Visa n only tourist visa at the hushand decide not decide to go back in the philippines because of his medical condition.infact hes at the hospital due to his heart condition.he 68 yrs old going to 69 this nov. This year.i wanted to ask how to extend our visa With my daughter.
Me and my husband married last may 28,2016 at the church in the phillipines..hope you answer my question here.thank you
Have you extended by the method I have suggested above previously?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi,what do you mean by extended by a method?my visa is only 6 months or 180 days.and if ever i can extend my visa how many months or years to extend by paying of that amount 1000?

You can extend your stay up to a total of 6 months.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
After 6months can i able to extend for longer?

There is no limit on how many times you can extend your stay. It costs £1000 each time you extend.

Thank you for your question on JustAnswer. We are always available to help and please do let me know if you have any other questions I can answer for you.

MARTINT330 and other Law Specialists are ready to help you