How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jeremy Aldermartin Your Own Question
Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 11881
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jeremy Aldermartin is online now

A patient has left a false review on our social media -

Customer Question

A patient has left a false review on our social media - false in the sense, he has only given half of the information, I’m restricted to comment due to data protection and the fact that this person is speaking on behalf of his father, rather than himself, how can I deal with this legally
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this? In which country do you live? If different, which country is your legal question related to?
Customer: no, in the uk,
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: emailed the patient back stating that any false information posted on a public forum will be taken very seriously as defamation of our good name
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: The patient has threatened to put up a video of our reception team on social media
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jeremy Aldermartin replied 18 days ago.

You could bring legal action for defamation on behalf of the company and in the interim apply for an injunction to both take down the false review and also not post the video of reception staff. For the injunction you would need to complete this form:

Send it to the nearest county court:

Then call them to pay the issue fee of £365. For the defamation action you should complete a claim form using form N1 here:

Once done send it to your nearest county court the same one you send the injunction application too and at the same time:

You will need to contact them and pay the issue fee. I trust this assists