Ed Turner
Ed Turner,
Experience:  Director and Consultant Solicitor (Self-Employed) at Ed Turner LLB Limited
107013918

I have a disciplinary conduct issue to resolve, London, Just

Customer Question

I have a disciplinary conduct issue to resolve
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: London
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Just one meeting
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: A form that was written at the meeting is incorrect. On June 23 at 10 am I have a meeting scheduled to finish what happened, due to my inexperience with English I will need help and a translator.
Expert:  Ed Turner replied 19 days ago.

Hello. I am Ed, a Solicitor qualified in England and Wales with over a decade’s experience in the legal profession advising clients.

I specialise in Commercial Contracts, Business Transactions, Employment, Dispute Resolution, Personal Injury and Road Traffic Law and shall be reviewing your legal problem today.

I shall be delighted to talk with you by phone to discuss your issue in greater detail if you accept the site’s automatic offer of a Premium Service Phone Call.

Expert:  Ed Turner replied 19 days ago.

I am sorry that you are facing a potential dispute with your employer and are subject to internal disciplinary action but hopefully I can assist you in resolving the matter before it escalates and you are forced to incur significant further legal costs.

Expert:  Ed Turner replied 19 days ago.

When did you start work for the employer?

Why are you being disciplined?

Expert:  Ed Turner replied 19 days ago.

I note that you have not replied to my request for further information. I shall therefore post a “general answer” to your type of legal issue. Please revert to me if I am mistaken as to your type of legal issue or if my answer does not fit the facts of your situation and I shall be delighted to amend my answer accordingly.

Expert:  Ed Turner replied 19 days ago.

My recommendation for your impending disciplinary investigation hearing is to be as cooperative and as professional as possible and state your version of events and your response to their allegations of misconduct as well as you are able. Do not get angry or upset with your employers as they will only use it against you at a later date and you may say or do something that will prejudice your claim and damage your credibility in the eyes of the Tribunal. If it is a disciplinary hearing where the employer is contemplating your dismissal from employment, you have the right to be accompanied by a co-employee or a trade union member (but not a solicitor or other legal adviser) to observe the proceedings and take notes, but not actively participate.

If you have less than two years’ continuous service, and it looks like the outcome of the disciplinary meeting is a “foregone conclusion” and you will be dismissed from employment, I recommend that you offer a voluntary and mutual termination of your contract of employment on the best terms possible, including payment of your notice pay and provision of a factual and impartial reference to future employers. This will end the dispute amicably and you will not have a dismissal for incapability or gross misconduct on your employment record.

Expert:  Ed Turner replied 19 days ago.

I hope that you are satisfied with my reply and wish you all the very best in resolving this matter.

If you require further legal advice from me, please create a new text thread on the portal and start it with @EdTurner. I will be notified of your request and prioritise it.

LawyerEd