Solicitor4All
Solicitor4All, Solicitor
Experience:  Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
103094402

Insurance, London, Insurance claim to cover expenses, I

Customer Question

Insurance
JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: London
JA: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: Insurance claim to cover expenses
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I would like upload a paper
Expert:  Solicitor4All replied 18 days ago.

Hello there, how do you do? 

I am SolicitorAll a law Expert with over 15 years in practice. It is my pleasure to assist you today. Thank you for the inquiry

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Hi, I have a production company and on the 2 day of a 4 days shooting short and accident happened and we got some equipment broke. The day of the accident was Sunday and we had to send all the equipment back on Monday and that means that we haven't been able to complete to short because we lost the Hart of the shooting work
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
We then claim to the insurance to be covered for the lost of the shooting days but they answer that would be able to cover just the additional coast. Please see the doc that I am uploading with their answer
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
File attached (Z33MT1V)

Firstly I am sorry to hear of your situation that to this. It must be a frustrating situation to be going through Please leave it with me for now, I will respond once done rest assured this evening.Thank you

Thank you very much for your patience. If you are able to show that your loss is directly as a result of the failure to complete filming then you should challenge them to consider the claim under imminent cause of loss, you could not have done anything to prevent the accident it seems from your facts. Make sure that they have given you the policy wording and not just quoting from it in the decision letter, imminent cause of loss is most likely defined and I would say you should fit in that insured event,

Any follow up please do not hesitate to send your message, always glad to assist and to clarify anything for you, all the best