james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
90006247

I have just found out my husband has been in contact with a

Customer Question

I have just found out my husband has been in contact with a solicitor at First he denied it then he said he rang to get advice asked advice on what he said he wanted to check he wouldn't get into any trouble as I took an overdose? Which didn't make any sense to me, so I rang the same solicitor an advised that my husband had been in contact with them on Monday they asked his name which I gave them they told me that they are representing him on a matrimonial case and couldn't advise me as it would be conflict of interest
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Northern Ireland, I am currently in hospital at the moment, would they open a case if he was only looking advice
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I haven't as I am currently in hospital and this has all came as a hugh shock to me we have been together 33 years
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No, I am at my wit's end stuckiCustomer: Chat is completed
Expert:  james bruce replied 18 days ago.
Hello, I hope you are well. My name is***** am a solicitor advocate and  I will be assisting you with your question today. I am very sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing and I will do my best to help you with this matter. 

Yes the firm law form would open a file if they were providing advice, they is common practise with law firms.

They were correct to not give any further information to you as you are not their client and it would indeed be a conflict of interest.

Can I assist or clarify anything further?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
If it was just advice, why would they tell me they are representing him, I am worried sick he is going to leave me he said that he isn't, it's the response I got from the solicitor has been worried. Is there any way I can find out what he.is really doing

The only way to find out is to ask him. The solicitors will not tell you anything, they are not allowed to.

Thank you for using Just Answer and for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry. I am pleased I was able to be of assistance. Please do not hesitate to come back to me for further advice on this or any other legal matter. It will be my pleasure to be able to assist you again.