Marcinlondon
Marcinlondon, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Lawyer - 8 years experience
110941711

I am married and 2 children age, 8&9 my wife want divorce

Customer Question

I am married and 2 children age
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: 8&9 my wife want divorce how can I keep children with me
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: none
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: What they like to know
Expert:  Marcinlondon replied 19 days ago.

Hello, this isCustomerand welcome to JustAnswer. I will be the lawyer working with you today and I will be happy to advise you to the extent possible on this platform. I will review your question and I will be back with my answer shortly. You will get notified when my answer is ready therefore there is no need to wait online. You will have a chance to request a call. You will see an automatic prompt. Please feel free to request it but do not feel obliged to do so. Please do note that my response is not instantaneous but I will always aim to get back to you on the same day with my answer, or request more information, if appropriate. Lastly, please note that our discussion on this site is for general information purposes only and do not replace any legal advice you might need, and does not create a lawyer-client relationship. Thank you for your patience whilst waiting for my answer.

I am sorry to hear about this. Will your wife agree that they live with you?

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
May be not sure
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Ivan I continue on chat rather phone
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Can I

A lot would depend on if the other arty agrees or not. 

Generally, after a divorce, both partners retain parental responsibility for the children. 

If there is a disagreement in this resect you can ask the court to give responsibility to just one of the parents. 

It is just an automated prompt, if you don't need a call, please ignore it.

A lot would depend on if the other party agrees or not.

If there is a disagreement in this respect you can ask the court to give responsibility to just one of the parents.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
We also have one property in our names. But I have the the all morgatge and deposit
Will it divided equally or I can claim 100%
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Secondly regarding to have children responsibility fully what I have to prove.

Again, it depends on whether she would accept the fact they the property is in your name and you both agree that you keep it.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.

If you and your ex partner can't reach an agreement on this, you could try mediation. If this isn’t possible or doesn't work, you will have to attend court and they will decide how the property should be split.

Please note it is not a chat service. I attempt to respond prompt, but I assist other customers too.

Both parents have parental responsibility unless the court decides otherwise.

You will need to convince the court that this is in the child's interest that he/she lives with you.

Expert:  Marcinlondon replied 18 days ago.

I hope this was helpful. Please feel free to get back with anything else. I will help to the extent I can.