Marcinlondon
Marcinlondon, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Lawyer - 8 years experience
110941711

I am trying to find out if there is such a thing as an

Customer Question

Hi, I am trying to find out if there is such a thing as an expert opinion on Directors responsibilities and those of Company officers. I am unfortunately involved in a legal case where I was initially quoted as a director, but had resigned before purchasers started formal negotiations. I became an unpaid company secretary for EIS tax reasons, but all secretarial duties were outsourced to accountants. When claimant realised they changed case to Company officers and included me. Does a company secretary have same legal responsibility in representations or is it an administrative role.
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Sorry, I am in the UK
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Full litigation lawyers defending which is extremely expensive. Been going on a year or more, just looking to see if this might help resolve quicker.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I have mentioned in recent emails I was going to enquire about an expert opinion if there is such a thing. This will be work off my own back.
Expert:  Marcinlondon replied 17 days ago.

Hello, this isCustomerand welcome to JustAnswer. I will be the lawyer working with you today and I will be happy to advise you to the extent possible on this platform. I will review your question and I will be back with my answer shortly. You will get notified when my answer is ready therefore there is no need to wait online. You will have a chance to request a call. You will see an automatic prompt. Please feel free to request it but do not feel obliged to do so. Please do note that my response is not instantaneous but I will always aim to get back to you on the same day with my answer, or request more information, if appropriate. Lastly, please note that our discussion on this site is for general information purposes only and do not replace any legal advice you might need, and does not create a lawyer-client relationship. Thank you for your patience whilst waiting for my answer.

I am sorry to hear about this. You can certainly instruct a lawyer to draft a legal opinion on this topic.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
That’s what I was thinking, just wondering if there was an “expert” that could be quoted as lawyers / barristers would argue the point but with an expert witness statement it might help.

Any commercial/corporate lawyer would be able to put in writing their opinion on directors duties/including company secretarial ones.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Ok thank you, ***** ***** go back to them on this point. Appreciate the help.

No problem at all. Feel free to get aback with anything else. I will help to the extent I can. In the meantime many thanks for using our service.