How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Marcinlondon Your Own Question
Marcinlondon, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 859
Experience:  Qualified Lawyer - 8 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Marcinlondon is online now

I run a beauty salon. i had a client owe me £91. she said

Customer Question

hi i run a beauty salon. i had a client owe me £91. she said she had transferred it. she usually pays via transfer but this time i didn’t receive it. a month or so passed of me asking her again and again. she kept saying it’s paid ajd to check with my bank. But when i asked for the reference she never sent it i sent her notice of 7 days that if the payment isn’t paid i will go through court. she got very rude and said go through court
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: i’ve never had to do this before. i’m in Solihull west midlands
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: i’ve sent her the official notice via text, whatsapp, email and posted to her house i have her response via text which says she wants no contact from me and to go through court. She claims she’s paid but has made no effort to send me the proof
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I have videos and photos of her treatment before and after she was happy with the treatment. It’s not that she’s disputing that. She just thought she would get away with not paying
Submitted: 17 days ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Marcinlondon replied 17 days ago.

Hello, this isCustomerand welcome to JustAnswer. I will be the lawyer working with you today and I will be happy to advise you to the extent possible on this platform. I will review your question and I will be back with my answer shortly. You will get notified when my answer is ready therefore there is no need to wait online. You will have a chance to request a call. You will see an automatic prompt. Please feel free to request it but do not feel obliged to do so. Please do note that my response is not instantaneous but I will always aim to get back to you on the same day with my answer, or request more information, if appropriate. Lastly, please note that our discussion on this site is for general information purposes only and do not replace any legal advice you might need, and does not create a lawyer-client relationship. Thank you for your patience whilst waiting for my answer.

Expert:  Marcinlondon replied 17 days ago.

I am sorry to hear about this. This is what you need to do, step by step:

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
sorry i can’t see the step by step
Expert:  Marcinlondon replied 17 days ago.

1. Issue a letter before claim. This is a final demand for payment. Explain like you would be explaining to a third party the relevant background, attach your evidence and state how much she owes you and inform that if she fails to pay you within 14 days you will issue a claim in the small claims court.

Expert:  Marcinlondon replied 17 days ago.

2. If she ignore the letter, issue a claim. This is where you do it:

Expert:  Marcinlondon replied 17 days ago.

If you have a any difficulties with making your claim refer to:

Expert:  Marcinlondon replied 17 days ago.

I hope this was helpful. Please feel free to get back with anything else. I will help to the extent I can.